cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Dispute

Got this message before "Your buyer filed a payment dispute for an order placed on Feb 04, 2022. This means that they disputed a charge directly with their payment institution. They are requesting $29.99 back and the reason for this dispute is that the buyer did not recognize the transaction." I assume this is a chargeback. First time after 1000s of sales. Ebay says i'm protected and don't need to do anything. My question is i wont have to reimburse this??? I would if i got the item back. Thx.

Brian

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Payment Dispute

I would contact the buyer through the transaction, remind them that this is the purchase they made from you and if they left feedback, remind them of the positive feedback they left.

When buyers pay with a c.c., even if it's through Paypal, the charge shows on their credit card statement and they may not realize that this was their purchase. 

Otherwise, you can respond to the dispute and ebay should have your back with seller protection as long as you shipped to the correct address in the transaction, have tracking showing delivery and you followed all the correct procedures.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Payment Dispute

Ebay says i dont have to do anything. I dont know if that means yet or never.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Payment Dispute

If it were me (and it has been), I'd contact the buyer. You have nothing to lose and if the buyer withdraws the dispute after your reminder, it'll be that much sooner that your funds will be released. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Payment Dispute

Out of curiosity who at eBay told you this or did you receive that information in the note eBay sent you. There was some indication that eBay had automated this process since eBay is able to provide the information regarding the sale directly to the CC company. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Payment Dispute

This is the message i got from Ebay

Your buyer filed a payment dispute for an order placed on Feb 04, 2022. This means that they disputed a charge directly with their payment institution. They are requesting $29.99 back and the reason for this dispute is that the buyer did not recognize the transaction.

The good news is that you’re protected for this dispute under eBay seller protection policy. We'll close this dispute once we receive the dispute outcome from the buyer’s payment institution. You're not required to take any action right now. If the buyer updates the dispute, we will let you know if any further action is required.

To look into this further, you can go to the payment dispute details page.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Payment Dispute

Ah it looks like they did automate the process for cases where the buyer did not recognize the transaction. EBay has already provided the CC company with the order information which they already have access to so the CC company still has to make a decision but the buyer is probably going to loose this one. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply