cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal dropped the ball.

So, I got a prepaid Visa card to transfer funds from my PayPal account, same thing I did when I was selling before, but I couldn't figure out how to link it.  I called PP and not only was the CS agent rude, she also gave me false information, stating I need a PayPal credit card in order to transfer funds.  I asked "Since when?  I did it before."  So, instead of answering my question, she directs me to the page on which I can request a check.  I told her I was familiar with it, and we hung up.

Well, I visited my pre-paid card site and found the direct deposit info, and even though it's not a paycheck, I was able to link my card to my PayPal account so I could transfer funds, no problem.  Still, I'm being charged a buck-fifty for the check, and an additional .98 for the shipping I charged the buyer (the latter, IMO, amounts to PP sticking their hands in my pocket and taking money from me for no reason other than their hands happen to slip easily into said pocket), something I've never noticed before, though I guess that's the cost of doing business.

Every interaction before tonight with PayPal has been very pleasent and informative.  I'm chalking this up to someone having a bad day, and letting it go.  I'll imagine someone at PayPal needs that 1.50 more than I do.

Ugh.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal dropped the ball.

You shouldn't be charged anything unless you are requesting a physical check. If you transfer money back to the debit card using the bank info there should be no charge.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

PayPal dropped the ball.

Your right i would think so.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

PayPal dropped the ball.

That's the thing, I was given the impression the only way I could get money out of my account was to either request a check, or get a PayPal CC. So, going on her word, because I need the cash, I requested a check.

I only hope I get a survey to fill out...
Message 4 of 4
latest reply