cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Micro-Payments vs New eBay Payment

So some can opt in to the new eBay Payment program and 

"Consolidated pricing: all your fees in one place on one bill, plus special pricing for early opt-in*."

with special pricing not really giving me any indication of actual pricing.  I use Micro Payments on about 75% of my transactions - sell a baseball card for $1 and I pocket $0.33 with Micro Payments, with regular I would make $0.06.  I actually sell more stuff between $3-12 but still use Micro Payments for all transactions under $12.  That being said, does anyone have any idea how eBay would incorporate this? I stand to lose a lot if Micro Payments go away.  

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

PayPal Micro-Payments vs New eBay Payment

@steohanfloess wrote:

So some can opt in to the new eBay Payment program and 

"Consolidated pricing: all your fees in one place on one bill, plus special pricing for early opt-in*."

with special pricing not really giving me any indication of actual pricing.  I use Micro Payments on about 75% of my transactions - sell a baseball card for $1 and I pocket $0.33 with Micro Payments, with regular I would make $0.06.  I actually sell more stuff between $3-12 but still use Micro Payments for all transactions under $12.  That being said, does anyone have any idea how eBay would incorporate this? I stand to lose a lot if Micro Payments go away.  

Thanks

I will be in the same boat you are as I have been using Micropayments for years.  But I fully expect Ebay and their need for greed to offer one price to regular sellers and probably a lower rate like Paypal used to do for Diamond Sellers who is all they really care about anyway.  Ebay will lose a lot of sales and listings if they do not offer a Micropayments option which will once again cut into their growth rate.  Of course I am sure that Ebay will count the money they make off of the processing as part of their growth although in reality its not.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply