cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pasting Images Into Description Area

Hello, anyone else having difficulties with pasting images into the description area during listing creation?  For around a year or so I've been doing partial screen captures and successfully pasting them into the description area of my listings in PNG format.  Suddenly today it no longer works.  Tried converting to a JPG which doesn't work either.  Any input it greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I paste JPG images into listings on occasion and have had no problems. I just did a test listing to confirm and had no issues with the JPG paste. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yep, I too cannot PASTE an image into EBAY description as well. Tried chrome, safari and firefox. This is a new development as it was worked a month ago. I have tried most file types. I am on an iMac rather than your standard PC.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi, thanks for your reply and I apologize for my long response time.  I conclude that eBay must have changed something with regards to uploading images directly into the description area.   I found the following work around (see link below) in the eBay community forums and was able to make it work successfully in Firefox.  In short, images are uploaded to picture gallery area as usual where you right click and copy a link to the image.  The image link is then pasted in the description area with some tweaks using the HTML editor.  Once the image appears in the description, it can be deleted from the picture gallery.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-to-Embed-Photos-in-Item-Description/td-p/30492959

I had to mess around a bit to get it to work properly.  Let me know if you have any issues as I am glad to help.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply