cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opened unpaid item case against buyer - when can I block buyer from bidding on my other items?

I just opened an unpaid item case against a buyer who hasn't paid for 2 days after the sale. Before I opened the UPI case, I contacted the buyer but she has not responded to date. I know I have to give her another 4 days to pay before the case can be closed. But how soon can I block this buyer from bidding on any of my other active items? Do I need to wait until after the UPI case is resolved, or can I block her now?

Some background: this buyer is a newbie who only became an eBay member 3 weeks ago and has minimal feedback. I probably would have declined the transaction with this buyer (I had it listed BIN/OBO), but I had set up the "automatically accept offers of $xx and higher" option, and her offer was in the "accept" range,

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Opened unpaid item case against buyer - when can I block buyer from bidding on my other items?

You can block him at any time.  The sooner, the better.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You can block him at any time.  The sooner, the better.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You can put the buyer on your BBL any time. I'd only add that some buyers do take longer than 2 or 3 days to pay. When I used to run auctions, I waited about 5 days before filing a UPI, and most buyers paid up.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

How do I put a buyer on my BBL list?
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@inkycocoa

This link should work:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin

Let me know if not.

ebuyingcat

Message 5 of 5
latest reply