cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old coin

Hello everyone, I was wondering ief any of you have had the same problem I have now. I sold an old coin for $275 but after all the charges I ended up with $201. I did owe them $12 but tthat' would still be $62 worth of charges for one sale. Not only that they want me to pay for shipping. Am I the only one being treated like that? 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Old coin

Did you read about fees before you listed your item? 

Yes, you need to pay for the shipping label but you can collect that from the buyer if you state that when you list.

Here is a page that has the fees listed.  It's good to know what it will cost you before you list.

Selling fees | eBay

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Old coin

No, you are not the only one who sold something without being fully aware of how it works and what the fees are.

I would suggest you read up on it.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Old coin

You must have offered free shipping included in the $275. Did you list the coin in more than one category?

Did you have ads on the listing if so how much? 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Old coin

First shipping.

Your buyer paid you for shipping.

Use that money to buy the shipping label.

If you used Free Shipping, that meant you included your costs for shipping in the asking price, and must use part of the money you were paid to buy the Shipping Label.

The fee for selling coins is 13.25%
https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees-managed-payments-sellers?id=4822

However, that fee is charged on your buyer's ENTIRE payment, which included selling price, shipping cost (if not already in the selling price- think about how that works), and sales taxes.

You do not see the sales taxes, the buyer pays them and eBay remits them.

There is also a 30c service fee.

So if you sold a $100 item,  charged $10 shipping, to a buyer in a state with 5% sales tax on both goods and services (shipping),  the buyer paid you $115.50.

Your fees at 13.25% would be $15.39+30c= $15.69

Leaving $99.81

Then you pay out the $10 for the shipping label and you have $89 transferred to your checking account.

If you used Promoted Listings, those fees would be higher by the percentage you chose to promote at.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Old coin

As a new seller your customer payments will be Held for up to 30 days against your performance.

But you can use the Held funds to buy shipping labels.

EBay labels are discounted from PO counter rates.

Most important, do you have your Managed Payments account set up?

Without that eBay cannot transfer your Held payment into your checking account.

Use the Hold period to get the MP account set up.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Old coin

Was it "promoted"?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Old coin

I don't see the item you sold on this account so I am assuming this is your posting account for this forum. Can you provide some more information from the order details there is not much to work with here. Did you offer free shipping, what state are you located in and what state was/is the buyer located in? What class of postage did you use to ship the item, did you add extra insurance to the shipping to cover the total value of the coin, did you promote the item, what is your current seller rating? Not knowing the details I come up the following approximation. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1708820214727.png

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Old coin

@mlinco_7 

Am I the only one being treated like that? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

No, you're not special.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply