cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Officia U.S. Post Office tracking document not good enough?

Well, I just got off a long chat with eBay.  

eBay refuses to take down my late delivery strike even though the US Post Office tracking twice stated on two consecutive days "In transit to Next Facility - Arriving Late".   

Apparently per the conversation ONLY WEATHER related issues as indicated by a weather delay advisory is considered in making late delivery strike exceptions.   ANY OTHER late delivery for any other reason is NOT considered. 

I tried to prove that the Post System had a delay in transit  by submitting the official tracking documentation from the Post Office.  They refused to review or allow my strike for late delivery to be removed EVEN WITH official notification from the Post Office because it was not a weather related exception. 

I can not believe this.   No longer is the U.S. Post Office good enough for eBay decision makers. 

I am sad and frustrated at the lack of caring and concern.   I wish there was a viable alternative to eBay.   Might try marketplace.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sellers are penalized for late delivery only if the package did not get a scan during their official handling time. Either (1) on-time scan OR (2) on-time delivery is acceptable.

tracking scan late delivery seller performance.png

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy?id=4347

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Not true.   And no allowance is ever made for Postal Screw ups.   In this case the item was shipped on time during the Holiday Christmas season.    In this immediate case the Post Office said leave i5t at the counter and they would take care of it and scan.   They did NOT scan it even though it was in a Priority Mail Padded Envelop with a bright yellow shipping label.  It travelled 500 miles and five states away over the next two days to NY before being scanned.  Tracking shows this.  NY was impacted by weather related issues and it was soon after that I got two Post Office "In Transit - Late Arrival" notifications on consecutive days as the package continued from NY on its way to Washington State.  You have condescending eBay messages on eBays web site stating how eBay is "willing to review past behavior and handling in an effort to resolve a situation to a customer satisfaction.  NOPE!   EBay refused to look at the tracking.  Ebay refused to consider how a package was 5 states and five hundred miles away hen it was shipped.   Ebay refused to even remotely acknowledge that A POST OFFICE mistake was the cause of the problem.  And I have an email message and link directive that WEATHER impacts will be considered which was sent by eBay representative at "Ask eBay" on twitter.  I inquired about other than weather delays would they be considered as provided in official tracking from the United States Post Office - Nope.   So much for trying to work with a seller do to circumstances BEYOND the Seller Control.  Review my case.   You have created a great DISINCENTIVE for me to try to be the very best.  Pretty discouraged with  many of the lies such as emailing me saying I had to ship by the 15th of December when the auction didn't end and wasn't paid for until 11:00 PM on the 17th!!  eBay refuses to acknowledge failures.  Its simply a numbers game and not for the truly dedicated.   If they cared they would review it. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Correct, eBay does not care about "carrier" mistakes.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

My experience and with certainty.   Its a horrible disincentive to bust back trying to do the best.  I very often ship SAME DAY even with a late payer.   Sometimes two trips to the Post Office in a day, morning and just before close to give the customer the best service. EBay took the wind out of my sails on this one.  Why bother?   I am to the point of throwing my hands up and saying it will get there when it gets there.   City dwellers do not understand small town post offices and eBay is clueless.   Here the P.O. closes at 4:00 PM and their unattended drop box pickup is at 5:00 PM.  They close for lunch between the hours of  I believe 12:30 - 2:00.   I do not trust my postal carrier to pick-up at my residence on-time (hours can vary greatly) and get it scanned in instead of tossing it in the back of their vehicle so I drive the 18 miles round trip to the post office.   But this truly disincentivized that effort and i don't know how to handle it. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

What's not true?  According to your own story, that package did not get a scan within your stated handling time, and was delivered after eBay's latest estimated delivery date.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply