cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers and Counter Offers

I had an offer made on an item and I counter offered. The offer expired after 48 hours. I would like to offer the item to the customer for the offer they originally made. Is there a way to go about doing that? The difference was only one dollar, I should have just accepted it to begin with. Please Advise

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@ted$95 wrote:

I had an offer made on an item and I counter offered. The offer expired after 48 hours. I would like to offer the item to the customer for the offer they originally made. Is there a way to go about doing that? The difference was only one dollar, I should have just accepted it to begin with. Please Advise

You can either contact the buyer and offer them the original offer or revise your listing. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Ask the buyer to re-submit their original offer so you can accept it.  Sellers and buyers are allowed up to 5 (counter)offers. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Actually, the original offer was void as soon as you made the counter offer.  After 48 hours the counter offer would expire.  Your only option is to contact the buyer and ask him to resubmit his original offer.  Of course, it is his choice as to whether or not he wishes to do so.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@ted$95  Raise the price ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@ted$95 

You can ask the potential buyer to make an offer again. 

With a price difference so small, it is likely he/she has lost interest, but it can't hurt to try.

OR

You could revise the item as a Buy It Now without Best Offer to the price the buyer originally offered.   If one person is willing to pay this price, it is more than likely that another will also.  Eliminating the Best Offer will avoid any lowball offers on an already reduce price.  

Good luck with your business.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply