cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offensive material removal

My tea towel was removed from the ebay site saying it was offensive.....HOWEVER there are 12 towels for sale at this time......equally offensive....(though I do not believe they are so).....does not seem fair to me

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sorry, you got caught or at least your listing did..

Their time will come.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

No, it is not fair. Ebay does not always catch violations. Does not mean they will always escape unnoticed, but for now, they may be under the radar (unless yours was removed in error?). What was the depicted graphic of yours? 

Below is the policy for offensive material, for anyone that is curious. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/offensive-materials-policy?id=4324

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@bt1224 wrote:

My tea towel was removed from the ebay site saying it was offensive.....HOWEVER there are 12 towels for sale at this time......equally offensive....(though I do not believe they are so).....does not seem fair to me

eBay policy enforcement has never been complete, timely, or accurate. 

That aside ...

When your listing was active, someone whose listing had just been taken down looked at your listing and wondered why his was taken down and yours wasn't. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@bt1224 like everyone was saying, if it does not follow the ebay rules, or if you are not sure if it will, most likely it might be removed.

Just because other people may have it up does not mean they have permission to or a special exception. There are many listings and ebay prioritizes those that were flagged or reported by users

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Probably reported by a competitor.  Word graphics seem to not be as big a deal as pix on an item. 

We used to sell a cooking apron that had a screen print on the front of a scantily clad BBQ dude.  It said something about "grillin".

We probably sold 50 of those over 2 years - they were pretty funny.  Then it was taken down.  We sold the remainder on the River. 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

1. lack of eBay hiring people to review cases / complaints and making the correct decision to save money and thinking A.I. can make those rational / ethical decisions. This goes for cheating sellers and buyers! Sellers who show package was delivered and the buyer claims package was empty days or weeks later. Sellers allows buyer to return package and received a box of rocks instead. 

2. Cancel Culture which is just a mess

3. similar sellers trying to eliminate competition 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I didn't see anyone else mention this, sorry if I missed it though.

Whatever you do, DO NOT relist the item. It will just get removed again and put your selling capabilities in jeopardy.

And yes agreed it's not fair but if an item isn't allowed it isn't allowed, just because others have not been caught yet does not mean they are not also in violation.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply