cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing is Selling, Nothing is Working to fix it. No sales Sept 2018

No Sales, Nothing is selling, Nothing is working

I have been selling here about 18 years , this is the worst 4 months I have ever seen on ebay. I understand that they are trying to stay competitive in this market. I already know about all the tweeks and photos and blah blah blah, 

I called ebay and asked them what they could do for me not only am I a seller but a buyer. Nothing Nothing Nothing.

The best I got was from a rep that said Promote your listings. I even got all the way up to an ebay superviser. Nothing

I am not sure how all this is going to pan out. I like to put my money where it makes money, Not a bottomless pit of fees. It looks as though ebay may turn in to a bottomless pit. I will give you my best advice.

1. First four words in your title make it count. Ex. Nike T Shirt Red

2. Four to six White background photos. Google likes that

3. If you got a upc fill it in. REALLY

4.Specs They are there to do the job for buyers to find your product. USE Them REALLY

5. Freeshipping. NO CHOICE

6.Accept returns, You'll have to anyway they flash the INAD and they get it anyway.

So While we are making no money we can correct our errored sites that worked for so long.

China , they will never accept free returns as it cost 17.98 to return and item to them that they sold for 0.01 , with free shipping. They just over sell us , My point if your items are in competition with 0.01 and free shipping, Change your product you can't win. 

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

You've sold 81 items so far this month, according to your sold listings.

Obviously something is selling. Your title is misleading.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 50
latest reply

No, I removed the listing and relisted them , If you open the listing your will see the header it says ENDED BY SELLER.

Message 3 of 50
latest reply

@starmr25 wrote:

No Sales, Nothing is selling, Nothing is working

I have been selling here about 18 years , this is the worst 4 months I have ever seen on ebay. I understand that they are trying to stay competitive in this market. I already know about all the tweeks and photos and blah blah blah, 

I called ebay and asked them what they could do for me not only am I a seller but a buyer. Nothing Nothing Nothing.

The best I got was from a rep that said Promote your listings. I even got all the way up to an ebay superviser. Nothing

I am not sure how all this is going to pan out. I like to put my money where it makes money, Not a bottomless pit of fees. It looks as though ebay may turn in to a bottomless pit. I will give you my best advice.

1. First four words in your title make it count. Ex. Nike T Shirt Red

2. Four to six White background photos. Google likes that

3. If you got a upc fill it in. REALLY

4.Specs They are there to do the job for buyers to find your product. USE Them REALLY

5. Freeshipping. NO CHOICE

6.Accept returns, You'll have to anyway they flash the INAD and they get it anyway.

So While we are making no money we can correct our errored sites that worked for so long.

China , they will never accept free returns as it cost 17.98 to return and item to them that they sold for 0.01 , with free shipping. They just over sell us , My point if your items are in competition with 0.01 and free shipping, Change your product you can't win. 

so. I don't understand. Your title says no sales sept 2018, but you've had many sales Sept 2018.

Message 4 of 50
latest reply

No, I removed the listing and relisted them , If you open the listing your will see the header it says ENDED BY SELLER.
Message 5 of 50
latest reply

If I am not mistaken - multiple quantity listings show the sales when the listing ends.... so sales from August showed up in September when he ended the listing..... but I was wrong once before so anything is possible

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 6 of 50
latest reply

The multiple quantity listings show the sales for the last 90 days. As I indicated above I am spending my time removing listings and relisting them to correct any errors. I have sold 174.00 this month after shipping it doesn't even cover the fees I will pay on the 1st. Hence money pit!!!
Message 7 of 50
latest reply

That's how business works.

The strong survive and prosper.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 8 of 50
latest reply

You sold three items in September.

1. Lil Bratz Surpise Locket

2. Lalaloopsy carousel 9/ 3 pack

3. Lalaloopsy Ponies carousel 7 / 3 pack

Did you cancel these orders?

Message 9 of 50
latest reply

As I indicated above I am spending my time removing listings and relisting them to correct any errors. I have sold 174.00 this month after shipping it doesn't even cover the fees I will pay on the 1st. Hence money pit!!!
Message 10 of 50
latest reply

So.... maybe time to make this place your hobby, 50 listings free and thats it? $174 is great if your fees are just the 10%.

Message 11 of 50
latest reply

You maybe right, I am on a store subscription till May, I pay alot more than 10% in fees. The sales drop from 4,000.00 Jan to 174.00 Sept is a drastic decline. After Jan it just kept dropping and dropping. So as I indicated in the begging I have done just about everything you can do to increase sales. When I called Ebay the answer was to Promote my listing that are already Promoted at Trending Rates. I was simply Sharing what happened to me and sharing some methods that may help other people with this problem. I am not trying to have my listing investigated..... I thought someone would have some advice that I am not aware of.
Message 12 of 50
latest reply

Not to be snarky (which is the feeling of your post), but apparently you are not one of the strong who survives, at least based on the dollar amount of your sales for the store listed here (I realize you may have other accounts, but when you make a comment like you did and show little proof of good sales, it's a bit insulting).
Message 13 of 50
latest reply

Thank you, That was an amazing response and very much appreciated
Message 14 of 50
latest reply

@jason_incognito wrote:

That's how business works.

The strong survive and prosper.

You mean like Amazon is, and ebay isnt?

Message 15 of 50