cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not just another day!

I wonder if anyone is gonna sell merchandise related to the "Solar Eclipse" tomorrow.

I'm in San Francisco and peak time is 9:20 AM for us in the city to see it.

Next one will be the year 2039.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Not just another day!

There are 2 things that are eclipse related being sold on eBay.  They are eclipse glasses and photos of an eclipse.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Not just another day!

@12345jamesstamps 

All do respect,  I think there is alot of horrible things going on in the world that is on the minds of many and Astrophysics isn't one of them. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Not just another day!

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

@12345jamesstamps 

All do respect,  I think there is alot of horrible things going on in the world that is on the minds of many and Astrophysics isn't one of them. 

There is a lot of interest in the eclipse. It's a neat thing many can watch and learn about.

All that's going to happen here is what happened the last time we had an eclipse - it'll get dark, then light because nothing got through our cloud cover - it was eerie, though.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Not just another day!

I can say that I wont be purchasing and eclipse related products. 

Posting ID
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Not just another day!

Pre eclipse I imagine a lot of the glasses were sold in preparation. Post eclipse you may see a few T-shirts but I suspect nothing like the last total solar eclipse, visible in the US, that took place in 2017. I suspect there will be a similar surge in merchandise before and after the next total solar eclipse that will be visible in the US. That event will take place on April 8, 2024. 

Texas just happens to be in the path of both this eclipse and the one in April of 2024. I was in Carbondale Illinois for the one that took place in 2017. It was the biggest temporary mass migration in US history as an estimated 7.4 million totality chasers relocated somewhere along the totality path. This resulted in a traffic Apocalypse in a LOT of areas especially right after the event. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1697269892708.png

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Not just another day!

Thanks for the map!  Looks like we will be in the total path next April.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Not just another day!

Whenever I find myself thinking about all the horrible things going on in the world, I just concentrate on happier thoughts, like Astrophysics.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Not just another day!

I am expecting my sales to eclipse anything I have ever had on eBay 😉

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Not just another day!

@12345jamesstamps 

OK I stand corrected, there is excitement over this, I was in a sour mood it seems like. Maybe I will peek at it since it's path will include Nevada.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Not just another day!

It is a Magnificent Solar Event!!, But I would think it would be difficult to actually find items for sale that relate to it, Outside of a book or Solar viewing glasses

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Not just another day!

Solar eclipse is a very cool event for our planet. Just in case you may also enjoy going out to watch a meteor shower. I remember going out at 2am with my wife to watch the meteors shoot by. It is amazing to see as it takes a few minutes for your eyes to adjust to the speed of the meteors. Have a great day to all.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Not just another day!

It is a Magnificent Solar Event!!, But I would think it would be difficult to actually find items for sale that relate to it, Outside of a book or Solar viewing glasses

Maybe no so much for this one but probably more so for the total eclipse in 2024. When I was in Carbondale in 2017 I picked up a LOT of coins and medallions from the event including several customized American Eagle coins that are just awesome especially the black Ruthenium ones. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Not just another day!

@hartungcards wrote:

Whenever I find myself thinking about all the horrible things going on in the world, I just concentrate on happier thoughts, like Astrophysics.

I always remind myself that I can walk and chew gum simultaneously. Makes everything better.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Not just another day!

Just duct taped 4 pairs of glasses together to see it, quite the contraption but it works.  They'll be for sale tomorrow for 300. 1 pair of Oakley's, 1 LV and 2 smith ski gogs

Message 15 of 17
latest reply