cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

None-Payer Shenanigans

First time with non payers. I've  never had a non-payer in one year of Ebay, but in the last week I got three. I've tried to communicate, and they haven't responded. I want to give the the benefit of the doubt, but I also want to get rid of bad buyers.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

None-Payer Shenanigans

Don't communicate. Don't ask them if they're going to pay or when.  eBay sends them an invoice.  They know how long they have to pay.  They don't need reminding. You don't  have to send another invoice. If you do it resets the time they have to pay.  

If they don't  pay then on the 5th day cancel citing didn't pay and relist. Put them on your Blocked Bidder List.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

None-Payer Shenanigans

Don't communicate. Don't ask them if they're going to pay or when.  eBay sends them an invoice.  They know how long they have to pay.  They don't need reminding. You don't  have to send another invoice. If you do it resets the time they have to pay.  

If they don't  pay then on the 5th day cancel citing didn't pay and relist. Put them on your Blocked Bidder List.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

None-Payer Shenanigans

To avoid non-payers altogether, sellers have the option to select Immediate Payment Required on fixed price listings. One drawback is that Best Offer voids the IPR setting. 

Do you also have your Buyer Requirements set to their strictest levels? Those are blocks that can help mitigate serial non-payers from having access to your listings. See link below.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/setting-buyer-requirements?id=...

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

None-Payer Shenanigans

Give them 4 days.

Cancel on the 5th day. Reason: Buyer did not pay.

They will be given a strike.

Sellers can block buyers with with 2 or more of these strikes.

Add the buyer to your blocked bidder/buyer list.

To avoid this in the future,

Stop using auctions or taking best offers.

Use buy it now/fixed price/immediate payment required.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

None-Payer Shenanigans

@fab_finds4u wrote:

Yes. ^^

@rabites-n-chocobos  You can even automate the process in your buyer requirements, as well as setting how many days you're willing to wait (up to 30 days) before the process kicks in.  Also block accounts with 2 or more UPIs in a rolling 12-month period here.

They either pay or they don't - if you don't want to use immediate payment requirement, then set up automation.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

None-Payer Shenanigans

@rabites-n-chocobos wrote:

I want to give the the benefit of the doubt, but I also want to get rid of bad buyers.

As a seller you do not have the power to get rid of any buyer. 

All you can really do is try to minimize their effect on your business.

Some sellers do this by listing at fixed price and by adjusting the price rather than accepting offers.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

None-Payer Shenanigans

Thanks for the advice, I'll do that from here on out.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

None-Payer Shenanigans

Thanks, I'll look into buyer requirements.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply