cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New share button

Anybody not liking the new share button?  What used to be a one step process(hit the pinterest, twitter, etc button), is now a 2 step process, first hit share, then the pinterest, twitter, etc button, hence one extra step.  Thanks ebay for another way to slow down sellers. Any other thoughts? Thanks and good luck.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

New share button

@mksports03 wrote:

Anybody not liking the new share button?  What used to be a one step process(hit the pinterest, twitter, etc button), is now a 2 step process, first hit share, then the pinterest, twitter, etc button, hence one extra step.  Thanks ebay for another way to slow down sellers. Any other thoughts? Thanks and good luck.

Had not noticed it had changed?

I do not do much social media - one area that I really need to learn/embrace.  Do you get sales/traffic from sharing your wares on other sites?  Is it significant?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

New share button

@mksports03 

I see they've added more options...can now share to reddit, what's app, etc, options not available before. 

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if this also contains a coding change for tracking purposes.

ebay had previously told us that they would eventually give us a discounted FVF for sales attributed to social media posts. This MIGHT be part of that change. I believe it is being tested in ebay Australia right now. I think what they had previously talked about was an FVF of 2.5% for any sale attributed to social media links. Only time will tell whether they will actually give us something like this or not....

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

New share button

Thanks for the feedback, it does give us more options, not sure if you're selling, reddit, whats app, or linkedln would help much. And it is still an extra step, they could lay them out like before, make it one step to get to the social sites.  And i hope you're right on the discount, sure could use it. Have a great weekend.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

New share button

We use several different social sites, does help a lot, but is extra work.  Good luck selling.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

New share button

Morning, here is another complaint, why does ebay itself never or almost never chime in about these posts?  Just curious, any ideas, have a day.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

New share button

@mksports03 wrote:

Morning, here is another complaint, why does ebay itself never or almost never chime in about these posts?  Just curious, any ideas, have a day.

Do you have any idea how many meetings would have to take place just to formulate a single response to a single post? 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

New share button

@katzrul15 wrote:

@mksports03 wrote:

Had not noticed it had changed?

I do not do much social media - one area that I really need to learn/embrace.  Do you get sales/traffic from sharing your wares on other sites?  Is it significant?

I believe the Share Button is if you want to tell someone about a listing. You can use one of the choices to notify someone of a listing they may like. It can be anyones listing. I like that they added WhatsApp.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

New share button

E-Bay has not been good for sellers in a long time. This is one more way to make E-Bay sellers least successful over other sites.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

New share button

How do I remove the "Share" button?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

New share button

I just woke up from a three hour mid-afternoon nap. That second click on my mouse wore me out. I'm getting too old for this.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply