cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback

Customer bought an item Nov 1. Got item, moved to Argentina (Item was shipped to Miami) December 6th, contacts me saying item is broken. Wants a replacement for item, of their choosing. I told them to start a return but I wouldn't be refunding return shipping cause past 1 month and also past 3 days after they received item. They don't want to go through eBay return system cause it'll cost them too much. Threatened negative feedback unless they get what they want, I said that's fine, please start a return through ebay services. 

Negative feedback received. Contacted ebay through their system, they said Feedback will be removed but their rating will not be. Feedback still on my account with eBay saying they can't removed it.

How do I contact someone to get this fixed? Automated system just sends you in loops over and over again. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Negative Feedback

Have you tried the 'report buyer' option to the right of their feedback given?Put all the details you can in the message.

I would add them to your block list. 

You can also reply to their negative feedback and give your view of the issue for everyone to see. There is also the 'request revision', but it is kind of a waste of time. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Negative Feedback

@*northern_retro* 

Actually, if one should choose to click on the numbers presented on your feedback page under "negative" the comment by the buyer can still be viewed even though it was removed from the 'list' underneath the box. 

I would assume that you shipped this to a Freight Forwarder address in Miami, and it was then the product was sent on to Argentina.  eBay allows this so international buyers can still purchase items from sellers who do not wish to ship out of the US.  You can Google the address, and you can also tell since you likely paid an extra 1.65% fee on the transaction, and the buyer is registered in another country. 

When a buyer uses a Freight Forwarder, they typically void any eBay Money Back Guarantee claims made by the buyer (so long as the seller is aware of what must be done to inform eBay of the F.Forwarder situation, as eBay will initially treat this as any other sale).  Even if you accepted the return, the label you provided would only be from the Miami address back to you, and is rather useless for the buyer who's product may simply have been broken AFTER it was sent on to them by the shipper. 

You may get redress via eBay by using one of their social media customer service portals on the grounds of "feedback extortion" in eBay messages and the fact that this was a freight forwarder situation.  You can use the blue message button on the top of this page to contact US support members that do have the authority to help you if they so choose.  They are often more helpful that the regular CS you get via chat or callback. 

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

Generally speaking,  know that the "red donut" reviews no longer count against your seller rating.  It stings to get one,  but in all things eBay, it is not the worst thing that can happen to you.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply