cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback & Called a Scammer Over Return Label Provided By eBay

Here's a ridiculous story that totally ruined my day.

The buyer purchased a brand new Clarisonic cleaner from me. Factory sealed, never opened. Then messaged me claiming it was defective because it wouldn't charge and wanted to return it. I gave her the benefit of doubt since brand new items can be defective due to a lack of proper manufacturer quality control, albeit very uncommon.

So I said to open a return request and I would be happy to refund her if she returns it back.

The return request was opened, and I purchased an eBay return label. I did not upload my own.

Now I received negative feedback saying I knowingly sent an invalid return label and get called a scammer, great...

She never wrote to me why the label was invalid. Maybe it was because eBay sent a First Class Return Service label for a Priority Mail Flat Rate Box package and it was refused by her post office. That I don't know because her attitude and communication was horrible.

I called eBay and they refuse to remove the negative feedback.

Why should I be penalized for something that's clearly eBay's mistake and problem? It's ridiculous...

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Try calling again and ask to speak to a supervisor. I think the fact that they are saying you sent an invalid label when you did not should be grounds for removal. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@innovatilife wrote:

Here's a ridiculous story that totally ruined my day.

The buyer purchased a brand new Clarisonic cleaner from me. Factory sealed, never opened. Then messaged me claiming it was defective because it wouldn't charge and wanted to return it. I gave her the benefit of doubt since brand new items can be defective due to a lack of proper manufacturer quality control, albeit very uncommon.

So I said to open a return request and I would be happy to refund her if she returns it back.

The return request was opened, and I purchased an eBay return label. I did not upload my own.

Now I received negative feedback saying I knowingly sent an invalid return label and get called a scammer, great...

She never wrote to me why the label was invalid. Maybe it was because eBay sent a First Class Return Service label for a Priority Mail Flat Rate Box package and it was refused by her post office. That I don't know because her attitude and communication was horrible.

I called eBay and they refuse to remove the negative feedback.

Why should I be penalized for something that's clearly eBay's mistake and problem? It's ridiculous...

Their post office needs to be educated.  The label is not invalid.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply