Did you mean: 

Needed someone to help sell my collectibles locally

Looking for local person in Pinellas county to sell my antique collectibles

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@german-77 

You should advertise locally.  On FB or CL.  Unless you are willing to take responsibility for taxes, seller fees, returns, shipping, supplies & possible fraudulent transactions, not to mention paying out a hefty fee to that seller (about 50%), I doubt you'll get any bites here on this forum.

Good luck to you!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Contact local auction houses, there are several in your area. They will do 99% of the work and you will pay them a reasonable commission. And it's all sold at one time.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi @german-77 Good luck in your Search. I hope you can find someone, but be prepared for little gain.

There is a strong likelihood that any seller who might consider splitting the proceeds will expect a high percentage of the profits. This is not like the days past on eBay where consignments could be accepted with less risk.

Like @ckimodog mentioned, the possible concerns are substantial. Sellers must account for income tax, possible problems in the transactions such as delayed shipping, transit damage, and/or scammers, and things like unexpected returns. eBay takes its cut of the sale and the seller can still be on the hook for refunds 6 months after the transaction (due to chargebacks or PayPal reimbursement should the buyer change their mind or has an issue with the sold item).

Message 4 of 4
latest reply