cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice

I've got an older RC car I want to list, it appears it may have never been opened but I cannot say for sure, do not want to sell it as new if it has been opened but I don't want to open if it's new as that could kill the value, then again if the buyer buys it and it has been opened I'm gonna be in a bad spot, also going to be bad if the item is new and a buyer opens it expecting to use it and it doesn't work, so should I just wing it and list it as new or open it and confirm it works and call it like new?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Need some advice

Call it deadstock.

(*Bleep*)
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Need some advice

List it as used, describe it as old stock opened and tested. Don't even try to list it as new or like new, that's a SNAD waiting to happen.  That's what I'd do.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Need some advice

Never wing anything unless you know EXACTLY what you are selling and the condition it is in. Othrwise it is fraudulent and chances are, the buyer will return the item which you, the seller, are responible for all the shipping fees. You must be very descriptive it what you are selling or it will bite you in the butt!!

As a seller myself, i would list it exactly as how you explained in the discussion board. sell it at pre-owned and explain you being unsure. The more honest you are, the better chances of not incurring a problem.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Need some advice

I would open it to take better photos and to show how clean it is.  Also, and more important, you will want to make sure that there were no "free" batteries installed from the manufacturer and that there is no corrosion in the battery compartment.  If every part looks like it was never played with, then list it as pre-owned with Very minor wear to cover yourself and let your photos do the talking.   

Message 5 of 5
latest reply