cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice to help a potential buyer from Switzerland.

I am enrolled in the Ebay International Shipping program and up until now have had no issues with customers from foreign countries purchases. I have a person in Switzerland that wishes to make a purchase and they keep getting the following message:

ageless_fashion_0-1711652305659.jpeg

which says"this seller won't ship to Switzerland" and asks them to update their address.

Switzerland is not on my excluded list (I checked) and I know I have shipped there in the past.  Has anyone had this problem or know how I help resolve it?  Thanks for any help you can provide.

By the way, they want to purchase an empty decorative perfume bottle. I went and edited out the word perfume in the title thinking that was what was stopping the sale from going through because I know perfume is a restricted item. But they still got the same message. Do they have to opt in to EIS?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

It is highly likely that the category for perfume is not allowed to be exported under EIS. Hazmat.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you, I wondered if that might be the case. The bottle is empty, would it be a terrible mistake if I changed the category to decorative glassware or something?  I don't want to do anything illegal but it is an empty bottle and purely a decoration now.  

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Your image is impossible to read, way to small.

What is the listing number? I'm not wading through 400+ listings to find it.

Never mind I think I found it.....if perfume is restricted that restriction is by Category not the specific listing so anything in that category would be restricted, EIS are not looking at each individual listing to see if it empty or not, they ban by category.

I suspect it is the listings that are in this Sub-Category that are blocked

slippinjimmy_0-1711653456434.png

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you both, the information was extremely helpful and much appreciated. It makes sense that the category itself would be blocked.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@ageless_fashion wrote:

Thank you, I wondered if that might be the case. The bottle is empty, would it be a terrible mistake if I changed the category to decorative glassware or something?  I don't want to do anything illegal but it is an empty bottle and purely a decoration now.  

When I looked earlier you did have two listings that were in the "decorative glassware or something category" and they WERE showing up as EIS for International.

All the others I looked at were in the category I showed in my other post and they only offered domestic shipping.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@ageless_fashion 

Here are the two that available through EIS

slippinjimmy_0-1711669567288.png

Listed in the correct category

slippinjimmy_1-1711669629012.png

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for digging deeper.  I will check all my perfume bottle listings and change where I can to the decorative glass category.  I appreciate the time you spent looking into this further. People like you who donate their time and share their knowledge are an amazing asset for us here on Ebay.  Have a good  day and thanks again.   

Message 8 of 8
latest reply