cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT AS DESCRIBED Who pays what?

I have been buying and selling on eBay since 2000. I received my first NAD purchase and the buyer has a NO

RETURN policy. I know I can file on eBay as a NAD and get my money back but who pays the return shipping?

Will I get back the $20.00 that I paid for a shipping fee?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

1) Thoroughly read the eBay MBG (money back guarantee) policy.
https://pages.ebay.com/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

2) File an INAD (Item Not as Described) case. You can only file ONE case on eBay, and it must be done within 30 days after delivery.

3) Seller will have to refund, but may require you to send the item back; if so he will have to provide the label.

4) Pay close attention to timelines and steps during the case.

Do not communicate with the seller any more except via the case.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@im-poor You have nothing to worry about, the seller pays the return shipping on INAD. The MBG overrides the seller's own policies. You only get one chance at opening a return case so take your time and choose this option. Seller will have to send you a return label and then all you have to do is print the return label and ship it back before the time period ends. Very simple and you will receive a full refund. Best of luck to you....

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@im-poor wrote:

I have been buying and selling on eBay since 2000. I received my first NAD purchase and the buyer has a NO

RETURN policy. I know I can file on eBay as a NAD and get my money back but who pays the return shipping?

Will I get back the $20.00 that I paid for a shipping fee?

I've been here 20+ years and I've never heard of a BUYER having a no return policy. 

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

My mistake. The SELLER has a no return policy. No excuse but at 82 I sometime make these errors.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@im-poor wrote:

My mistake. The SELLER has a no return policy. No excuse but at 82 I sometime make these errors.

At 82 you've earned the right to make a mistake or two every now and then.      😉

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

1) Thoroughly read the eBay MBG (money back guarantee) policy.
https://pages.ebay.com/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

2) File an INAD (Item Not as Described) case. You can only file ONE case on eBay, and it must be done within 30 days after delivery.

3) Seller will have to refund, but may require you to send the item back; if so he will have to provide the label.

4) Pay close attention to timelines and steps during the case.

Do not communicate with the seller any more except via the case.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply