cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO Wonder I'm not selling... My Listings are not shown at all

Listed for 30 days, with 9 days to go I try to find my item... It doesn't exist.

"World coins lot" 

going for 39.99  when I do a search  "price + shipping lowest"

and scroll down to the 39.99 area... It's not there

Now, I just tried again... I added the word "FREE" in the search

THERE IT IS !!!

Item # ending with xxxxxxx2802

Why is this happening??? and how many potential buyers have I missed or have missed me???

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You're items like many others are not being shown. ebay has servers that go to different parts of the country in my opinion. Items are constantly being rotated to a server that goes nowhere. I can't proveit but It would explain why you get buys in one part of the country and then other parts of the country. You rarely get buys from all over the country anymore. and it's because of all the items on ebay..they have to be monster servers....Well they cal it the cloud these days..

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

You have embedded pictures and your font is way too large. Many factors affect your placement in search and this is 2 of them. Mobile buyers would have a hard time viewing your listing.

Things are slow for all of us now and yes - your items may not be visible to everyone if you're low on search. There are over 3,000 listings for world coin lot.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

What does embedded picture mean?  thanks

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

If you went on another computer it will show often. indexing
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

OP,

When you do a search for "world coins lot", eBay is switching the category to "World Coin Collections & Lots" because the search engine has decided that the search terms closely resemble a category title. Since your item is not in that category, it is filtered from the results.

When you add the word "free" to the search terms, they no longer closely resemble a category title, so the search is performed in "all categories".

Perhaps the root of the problem is that your world coin lot is listed in the "Entertainment Memorabilia > Movie Memorabilia > Lobby Cards > Originals-United States > 2000-Now" category, which is a policy violation.

Unlucky

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Perhaps the root of the problem is that your world coin lot is listed in the "Entertainment Memorabilia > Movie Memorabilia > Lobby Cards > Originals-United States > 2000-Now" category, which is a policy violation.

Thanks that might be part of the problem, still,  searching "WORLD COINS LOT" Should have had it show.

Fixed !!!

As for Violation, ... Have me executed for a mistake , it's not like I have been commiting war crimes,

It must have slipped from templating the listing from another of my listings.

Let's see how the search gets along tomorow

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Rather than discouraging buyers from purchasing more than one lot from you. I would put something like this:

While the coins in each lot are different, the same or duplicate coins can be found among multiple lots. Please keep that in mind if purchasing more than one lot.

Using a best match search "world coin lot 1/2 different" without the quotes, your auction came in a strong 6th place in the search order.

The search here takes a lot of work and a lot of tweaking. Your titles are great. No extraneous characters or symbols. Cassini hates that. I learned that the hard way a while back.

Change.....As the wind blows
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Your titles need a lot of work.    Those first 25 or 30 spaces are important.    How many people are looking for "Huge Collection of 30 pounds".

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@aayabuyer wrote:

As for Violation, ... Have me executed for a mistake , it's not like I have been commiting war crime

OP, 

I do not recall anyone suggesting you had committed a war crime or should be executed.

I simply explained why your item was not not appearing for those search terms, and pointed out that it was also a policy violation because it would certainly suck to have no one find your item AND get a policy violation against your account in the process.

But next time you ask for help understanding why your item is not being found, I'll be sure to keep quiet so I don't offend you. 

Unlucky

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

On the contrary, said in a positive way. You were very helpful.

Either you were in a sort of negative perspective or maybe I should've

slipped a "LOL within ... or maybe both.

In any case << Handshake>> sorry for not being precise

I used to sell on ebay, now I only list here
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Chinese sellers get subsidized shipping and front row parking. The small US seller gets the shake down and a spot somewhere in the back. It's impossible to compete.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Are you going to bring up all of the old threads, or just some of them?

Message 13 of 13
latest reply