Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery box

Can I sell a mystery box to the US from Ireland

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Mystery box

Not sure what the rules are on ebay Europe. but here in the US we cannot list mystery boxes.

You need to check what are rules are in your Country.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Mystery box

Mystery box

(a) You are not supposed to list mystery boxes on eBay.

(b) People do it anyway.

(c) I've never noticed that eBay enforces the rule (pre-sale) by removing listings, likely because they make money on those sales.

(d) All that said, it is a very risky sale for a seller - easily disputed by a buyer, and easy to get their money refunded if they aren't pleased with what they get. As a result,  I have no idea why any seller would want to sell a mystery box.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Mystery box

I think listing one would be flirting with disaster; yes, there may be others listed and/or sold, but your listing could be the one that gets pulled and gets you on Ebay radar.

You culd list it as a lot and just list each thing that is in the lot in the description.

Just a thought.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Mystery box

Sorry was not specific enough; to clarify, you would need LOT and what each item is in the title, and you would also need to list those items in the description in great depth.  

Or you could group similar items for title.  KITCHEN LOT TIMER TEAPOT SPOON REST SALT AND PEPPER SHAKERS.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Mystery box

If you are listing on the US site then no, you cannot list them. All contents must be exposed.

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-bonus-prize-giveaway-raffle.html

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Mystery box

You could not sell mystery boxes,showing just the closed carboard box and sayng there will be something, probably valueable, inside.

From Ireland it will cost a lot of postage to send package to USA + you need to attach a CN22

So you need good value or they wont pay the shipping. Also you need to add at least 20% on the postage bcz thats what your international total fees will be.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Mystery box

You could not sell mystery boxes,showing just the closed carboard box and sayng there will be something, probably valueable, inside.

From Ireland it will cost a lot of postage to send package to USA + you need to attach a CN22

So you need good value or they wont pay the shipping. Also you need to add at least 20% on the postage bcz thats what your international total fees will be. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply