cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My item doesn't show up in searches

My item is https://www.ebay.com/itm/232853584336 . The title text is "1x4 Key Custom Printed Membrane Keypad for Arduino, Raspberry, Etc".  But after several days, I can still put obvious keywords "1x4 Key Membrane Keypad" (without the quotes) into a search, and I get 4 pages (maybe 200 items total) similar to mine, but mine is never listed. Should I be complaining to ebay about this? Asking the community, as I've gottem many more accurate answers here than talking to customer service.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sometimes sellers do see something different than what buyers see but not sure why.

That is why when I check to make sure my listing are OK, I sign out first.

Others may just not be using search correctly.

I will not post my third reason.

But maybe 2 or 3 times here since 2006, where a listing fell off the cliff and completely disappeared.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@emerald40

Hi, Em. I keep reading here over and over sellers can't see their items no matter how they search for them and the routine response from this Board is "I see it."  So how come?

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Sometimes sellers do see something different than what buyers see but not sure why.

That is why when I check to make sure my listing are OK, I sign out first.

Others may just not be using search correctly.

I will not post my third reason.

But maybe 2 or 3 times here since 2006, where a listing fell off the cliff and completely disappeared.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Often it is because ebay will default the search to a specific category and the sellers item is in a different category. But in this case I don’t know why the seller doesn’t see their listing as I also found it using the key words they were using.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote:

@emerald40

Hi, Em. I keep reading here over and over sellers can't see their items no matter how they search for them and the routine response from this Board is "I see it."  So how come?

Because as ebay has explained....searches use AI technology and will base it on other things like previously searched items and other searches etc. It is supposed to make for more personalized results because they feel this will make you find and buy something easier.
So we all do not get the same results when we search
Ebay has also said they will hide items ...which they do regularly for many different reasons. So while an item may show for you it may not show at all for someone else....and it also may not show for anyone.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

As @emerald40 pointed out, signing out made a big difference. Note @emerald40 cthat the search I tried was NOT simply the full title, but a collection of a few keywords I knew would be sufficient, and it did not come up. After signing out and trying the search again, I was able to find it. Good enough! And thanks for the tip!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I'm signed in and your listing came up in the 20 results returned for "1x4 Key Membrane Keypad" with no quotes.

(I always search US only and ending soonest.)
Message 8 of 8
latest reply