cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My buyers are jumping through hoops to purchase from me, but why is this happening?

In the last few weeks, I have received numerous messages and buyer's notes about not being able to find my listings, not being able to pay for the purchase, and what seems to be duplicate purchases.  At this point, I only have 4 ongoing listings for the same product, but different quantities.  I check the search rating on them almost every day, one of which is consistently #2 in search.  That one is my heaviest hitter and is the highest in volume and price of the other three.  So, I get a little antsy when one of my regular customers purchases a lesser volume package with a note asking why I am not selling my larger package or when will my larger listing be offered again?!?!  So I take a look, and it's there in the #2 about every time.

I also get messages from my customers asking why they cannot pay me once they purchase.  I can see their order in the unpaid field, which I have never had a problem with before.  I don't have a problem with unpaid items.  Well, I do now.  I had to turn the unpaid item asst off so it doesn't open cases against my best customers!  This led to yet another problem, they come back later, purchase and pay for item with no problem.  But it is a problem, now they have purchased and paid for one item, but the prior purchase is still there as unpaid.  All I can do is note each of these unpaid items as a duplicate, the system will not let me cancel them.  Even if it let's me go through the steps of cancelling and tells me it is canceled, it's not.  I have very loyal customers, but if they are getting nasty-grams from eBay about nonpayment, thing could get ugly real fast.

If anyone knows what could be causing this, please let me know.  I am grasping at straws.  As a last resort, I can start another fruitless series of calls to CS, repeating this over and over to every rep I get sent to.  I also know that the posters here more knowledge and accurate advice than they do.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

My buyers are jumping through hoops to purchase from me, but why is this happening?

It seems like you could have just one listing with a drop down menu for selecting the quantity desired. The price can be applied to the chosen quantity. I used to shop on wepay and several of the shipping products have the drop down menu option. One listing with all of your quantity options might be best as long as it shows up on the results page.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you, jayjaspersgarage.

I did look into that option before.  I don't know if that would help with the problems I'm having.  If I put all my eggs in one basket, they are all at the mercy as far as search ranking.  Since my top seller is so high in search, it could only go down.  I like to juggle my eggs.  I want to be able to promote, send offers, etc. on them individually.  If I knew this would stop the problems I'm having, I would give it more thought.  Thanks again.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hi---

I am having the SAME ISSUE....! My customers are telling me that they cannot "check out", because they are seeing that I do not ship to their state. I ship to EVERY STATE & Internationally too! My last sale was to Michigan & I am in Wisconsin for heaven sakes...why would I NOT ship to a neighbor??? When I look at a (sold) listing, all the proper shipping options are entered correctly. I also think it's strange that my customers are NOT seeing the shipping restriction at the initial time of purchase, but only at the time of checkout. This is certainly an eBay glitch that needs to be fixed immediately, if not sooner!!! G-rrrrr! 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Are your listings promoted? I've been seeing rumblings online about ebays new promoted listing policy update causing listings to be blocked by ad-blocker software. Promoted listings used to show a non-promoted listing and a duplicate promoted listing that some ad blockers would not show. But the new policy eliminates the duplicate listing and only shows the promoted one, so if an ad blocker catches it, there is no unpromoted one to see

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I believe it is because of all the bad latest changes being made. It is not helping sellers at all. Ebay needs to go back a few steps and stop changing thinks that do not need fixed. Forced managed payments , GTC listings is hurting not helping !!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@ckudika wrote:

Are your listings promoted? I've been seeing rumblings online about ebays new promoted listing policy update causing listings to be blocked by ad-blocker software. Promoted listings used to show a non-promoted listing and a duplicate promoted listing that some ad blockers would not show. But the new policy eliminates the duplicate listing and only shows the promoted one, so if an ad blocker catches it, there is no unpromoted one to see

not so, half my listings are promoted and the original listing always shows, the promotional listing does not always show. But when it does you can still find your original listing (not promoted) in the same search (usually farther down in the search results). This is why a sale can be from the promotional listing or the original listing at any given time/day. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply