cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My buyer had a $10 off a $50 dollar coupon but it wasn't applied to the order. Already shipped.help!

How do I make sure they get their discount.  I read somewhere after I printed and packaged the items that the discount doesn't come out of the sellers money.  Ok thats not what I was worried about.  I'm worried my buyer was still charged.  Did I do something wrong?  Shouldn't the coupon have been applied automatically?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

My buyer had a $10 off a $50 dollar coupon but it wasn't applied to the order. Already shipped.help!

They would have to enter the coupon when they checked out.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

So there was nothing that I had to do on my end besides print the label and ship?  I was afraid I needed to do something to apply the coupon cause I didn't see it itemized on invoice.  Thats why I'm nervous.   Obv the first time I've dealt w a coupon and just didn't want to mess it up.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Unless its a discount you offered yourself, then its an issue between your buyer and ebay. Sellers are not payment processors and have nothing to do with any promotional offers from ebay or anyone else.

You can view the transaction and it will tell you whether or not a discount was applied.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hi @jtbi_77 , did the buyer say the coupon did not apply, or are you assuming it did not apply?

If you want to see whether or not the buyer used an eBay-issued coupon or discount you would have to find the order on your orders page and select "print packing slip" - the packing slip is for the buyer so it shows them what they paid.

As a seller, on your order details page, you will not see if any eBay-issued discounts applied because the coupon was not generated by you and you will receive the full amount.

Hope that helps.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

this helped a ton.  wasn't looking on the right page.  Just saw the invoice that is shown after the transactions is made to the right on the screen.

Thank you very much!

James!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply