cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved, Left No Address

Hi, folks.

Buyer opened account on September 1. Purchased/paid for item same day via PP.  Items shipped on September 2.

September 6 USPS tracking shows, "Moved, Left No Address."

September 11 USPS tracking states, "Returned to Sender Processed."

As of this morning, the package is in NJ and has left one of our sorting facilities, which means next stop will be my local post office.

I have not contacted the buyer yet, and want to wait until the package is back in my hands and then come here so you guys can make sure I don't mess this up! Also have no heard from the buyer.

Purchase price was $27.50 with $7.33 shipping (paid by buyer).

So what should I say in a message to the buyer, and more importantly, what should I not say?

If she gives a new address through messages will it be okay with eBay and PayPal to ship to that new address?  Do I just refund minus shipping using "problem with address" for eBay purposes as the reason, and tell her I will relist, and she is welcome to buy with the proper address?  If I don't get a response from her at all, do I just refund minus the shipping with the same reason for eBay purposes?

Trying to get the quackers in a row here.

Thanks for the help.

mj

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Moved, Left No Address

Refund minus shipping and PP fees.

If you want to trust them, let them buy it again.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Moved, Left No Address

I would send one email through ebay the minute the package comes back and you confirm that your items are still in there, that says something to the effect that you have recieved the package back and that if they still want it, they will have to repay for shipping and correct their address in paypal.  If they do not contact you within 24 hours, that you will refund the payment minus shipping and fees.

Block the buyer.

(*Bleep*)
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Moved, Left No Address

@994john

@retrose1

Thanks.  Got it.  It should be back here by tomorrow or Friday at the latest.  I'm sure whatever was in there is still in but will certainly confirm that when it gets back.

I still don't get why a person would buy something on one day and five days later has moved and left no forwarding address.  Even more weird, the buyer actually has one feedback.  With that said, though, it was from a big seller who might have just left the FB when she paid for the item.

Just don't understand some people!

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Moved, Left No Address

I get a few packages back and some people don't bother to check anything.  Some have forgotten to enter Apt numbers and they live in a complex with hundreds of apartments, and others don't use ebay/paypal that much and might have moved since the last time.

I believe that the blame falls on ebay and their constant move to make everything you do on ebay easier and faster that is making users lazier.

(*Bleep*)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply