cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More and more zero sales per day

I am seriously disappointed in sales volume. I have sold on eBay for 20 years.  My store maintains around 900 items which totals $49,000 retail. My sales per month has dropped to around $1,500.  This is devastating.  I realize we are in a pandemic but this is extremely low. My prices are low and so is my shipping.  Am I the only one having this low sales volume? 

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Clothing is to saturated to much competition and seasonal. It maybe time to think on better selling products and niche into at least three fast selling categories. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Per the recent news ebay active buyer base has gone down since the end of the first wave of the pandemic. Adding that the new pandemic with alpha may be causing some problems with job issues, no more relief from the govt, end of summer which is typically slow for a lot of categories with back to school. I am holding my breathe for the Christmas season.

Message 2 of 41
latest reply

Don't worry, don't give up. This epidemic has affected everyone in the world. This affects every eBay member equally. sometimes we are also inconvenienced by the inability to send items on time in case of an emergency lockdown.

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Prior to July 12th, I was selling almost daily and then had a 10 day straight of NO sales.  The end of July perked up a little but not back to my normal selling levels.  I DO realize that selling vintage and antique paper dolls and toys is a very niche category BUT I just don't have a clue as to why the sudden downturn.  I have done quite well with a basic store for the last 5 years.  I tend to agree with the summer slump and the uncertainty of these economic times having a lot to do with sales issues.  People, including myself, are only buying the necessities.  

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

It might be time to sit down and review your finances. The economy will never be the way it was. Check out the demographics and their buying power (or lack of). America has been heading backwards with equitable pay since the 80's. When so many have a "I only care about me" attitude, things will get worse before they get better. 

Message 5 of 41
latest reply

There was a lot of frantic buying of things with the first wave as people were afraid they were not going to be able to get important essential stuff. Then there was the sheer boredome of lockdown and people buying things to entertain themselves and the good ole retail therapy to help ease all the anxiety and frustration. Enormous hike in sales and profits during this time which was fantastic. Now, we need to adjust to the new normal. Still, this platform has performed well for us under any circumstances.  Look to the future as ebay continues to improve and continues to realize that it is the sellers on here that make them great, and wil continue to be their biggest asset in the future. Best of luck to everyone, and remember Christmas is just around the corner, so get prepared for that. 

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very optimistic attitude and I LOVE it!!!  There is no comparison in sales from summer of last year and summer of 2021 because of all the "shopping therapy".  I'm down 50% from last year and I knew that was coming.  I've been "go with the flow" on the eBay changes and plan to be around for a LONG time.  Best of luck to you too!!!

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

Clothing is to saturated to much competition and seasonal. It maybe time to think on better selling products and niche into at least three fast selling categories. 

Message 8 of 41
latest reply

It's been very a slow summer for sure.

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

Sales are slower than we anticipated going into August, but Halloween sales are brisk and we are selling Christmas items most days now.  Buyers are starting early, which is interesting, but glad they are.  With postal hikes in October, grateful to move whatever possible before then.

Good luck, stay safe!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 10 of 41
latest reply

Clothing became way over saturated on Ebay.  And many sellers and buyers have found alternatives to Ebay that require far less listing work for redundant "item specifics".   

Message 11 of 41
latest reply

Am I the only one having this low sales volume? 

No, of course not. At any given point in time, some sellers are experiencing low sales volume, and other sellers are experiencing average sales volume, and others are experiencing high sales volume. 

If you are troubled by low sales volume, the question you should be asking yourself is: what can I do to increase my sales volume? 

Message 12 of 41
latest reply

Hi,

I have been selling on E-bay for over 15 yrs and for the first time in 15 years I've gone weeks and weeks without a sale. I pulled most of my listings down. There are many things out there effecting clothing sales. I'm ok in knowing it was a great run but my time with E-bay has ended. I have ads up trying to sell my giant lot of clothing that I have left. Until it sells, I'm basically giving my clothing away on E-bay. I'm making a few dollars a sale. What can we do. Good luck to you.

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

I am fairly new to Ebay, but enjoyed daily sales right from the start. I did notice that when I write feedback or send offers that it conjures up sales. This has been going on for a couple of months. Maybe there has been a shift with an algorithm?  Good luck 🙂

Message 14 of 41
latest reply

You are not alone. Sales in the summertime slows down. In the past it picks back up in Sept. I looked at your items, which are nice and good prices. The one thing I noted. Some of your listings are old, some first listed Dece. of last year. I have found, if items are not selling in 3 month, I will end them on the day their going to be automatically renewd. Then I do a "sell similar" . This also gives you the opportunity to change some things. It has helped sell some of the stale items. I know this is time consuming. Good luck. 

Message 15 of 41
latest reply