cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mislabeled orders

Due to a Post Office Manager mislabeling 2 Customer packages, I was only able to get one of the orders returned... eBay sends me the following message:

"We took care of this return for you

You don't need to refund the buyer, and you will not receive the item back. Thanks for trusting eBay International Shipping with this order. "

Knapford Express Coach EXTREMELY RARE!!! 1996 EDITION NEW 99052 Thomas & Friends (was ordered)
The Diesel 2001 Edition New Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway - Qty - 2 (were received by Customer)

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Mislabeled orders

That's how eBay International Shipping works. You are protected, but the item is not returned to you. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Mislabeled orders

If you (or the PO clerk) puts the wrong label on your package and it's going to the eBay International Shipping (eIS) hub, the item is gone. You will not get it back. eIS liquidates returns, items that can't be forwarded, etc.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Mislabeled orders

@kra-555 

No problem -- you keep the money that was sent to you by the buyer, but you don't receive your item back.

And eBay refunded the buyer as well.

So it's a win/win for everyone (except eBay).

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Mislabeled orders

@1786davycrockett wrote:

So it's a win/win for everyone (except eBay).

Not true.

Ebay gets to keep the cool widget!    😉

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Mislabeled orders

I prefer to make my own mistakes.

I would never bring a QR code on my phone to have the clerk print out a label and affix it to my package. Or allow them to label any of my packages any other way.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Mislabeled orders

How does a Post Office Manager mislabel a package?  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Mislabeled orders

@soh.maryl wrote:

How does a Post Office Manager mislabel a package?  

This is what I'm wondering. When I'm buying postage over the counter, they want me to hand them one package at a time so that they can print the label and put the labeled package aside before they even weigh the next one.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply