cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message to buyer blocked by ebay

Hello all. I am attempting to send a message to a buyer, but eBay is blocking it because something in it could be considered "offensive or threatening". I have gone through it and changed it several times. Still eBay blocks it. Below is a copy of this message. I'm sending it to the buyer to answer some questions he asked about the product that he bought. Could someone out there please tell me what I need to change, because I can't see anything that could be considered offensive for threatening in it. Thanks, in advance. 

Allow me to give you the back story on how I was able to make this piece. Good story to tell your friend when you give him this... I've been a fan of Anthony Perkins ever since I saw a psycho 2 in 1983 when I was 13 years old. So 1986 rolls up and with it Anthony Perkins is directing and starring in Psycho 3. I actually got to attend a early preview of psycho 3 in Dallas, and Anthony Perkins was there in person. He was very cool, very approachable, and very fan friendly... Anyway, that same year, I got a job at a movie theatre. This standee you purchased is a reproduction I made of it, years after it's release. The movie theater I worked at got the actual standee for the lobby. It was huge, life-size, and I believe Anthony Perkins was around 6'2. Needless to say when psycho 3 came and left our theater, that standee left my theater with me. I had it for about 30 years, but after going through several moves, and several cats, the standee was literally falling apart. Before I threw it away, I must have taken 50 pictures of it. So, about 4 years ago, I took on the task of finding the very best photos that I took of it, scanning them all into my computer, and digitally piecing the standee back together on my computer. And that is how this reproduction standee came into existence.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Maybe the word psycho? Change it to P2 and P3 to see if that works.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Just an idea ...If the buyer purchased you could just include your note in the package.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hello. I agree with @wastingtime101. Try subbing out the word "psycho". Or, do as suggested by @ebooksdiva and just include the message in the package. Neat back-story!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

"Psycho" is the only word I can see that might trigger a block?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Is it not too many words...in an email we get how many words to type to a buyer?

I think typing a real name in the email might have done it also.

"Psycho"....I don't think so....

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

not sure  but you can take out (I was 13 years old) cause it may look  as a minor now but than all else look ok to me  worth a try good luck

Message 7 of 7
latest reply