cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message from buyer doesn't show in my ebay

Checked my email tonight and found a message from an ebay user advising me of a mistake on a listing - they were correct, I made a mistake and just fixed it. Here's what concerns me - the message doesn't appear in my "Messages" list on the ebay site. I checked Trash, Archive, and there is no message from this person. If I hadn't found it in my email I would not ever have known it was sent. 

Note as well that the email wasn't spoofed, it came from @members.ebay.com - wasn't any sort of scam attempt, I definitely messed up the model number on the description.. so I'm grateful to this person, because this item is an HVAC part and the part number is what will get searched on. (I gave them 25% off if they wanted to purchase it.)

Has anyone else noticed this?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi...

Did you click on "All Messages".  Sometimes that is the only place msg's show up. 

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I get a bunch of email from Ebay and very few so up in my messages.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I did, I clicked through all of the folders and options - nothing.  And it happened again today, someone messaged me to see if I do combined shipping. The original inbound message only appears in my email. My responses to both of those missing messages DO appear in the Sent folder, both in ebay's website and the iphone app. 

I'm going to do some testing around this and see if i can figure it out. I'll report back what i find.

-dkc

Message 4 of 4
latest reply