cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message alert

Last night a repeat buyer sent me a new message and when I try to respond, this is the message from eBay:

You are attempting to communicate with an invalid item.

Does that mean she wanted the message retracted?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Message alert

@pack890 

It could mean several things.  My guess is this person either was suspended for being suspended before or your item sold.  Hope it's no #2 for you.

Happy Selling. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Message alert

I would be shocked if that was the case. She ordered some wedding gift tags back in March and now she wants me to make her a scrapbooking mat set to resemble the tags. We had great communication, she paid me right away and left me wonderful feedback.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Message alert

In my experience, the item being questioned was removed.

@pack890 

Was the item for which you had the question removed? Or is it still showing as active? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Message alert

There is no item being questioned. She wants me to make her something. The item she purchased from me back in March is no longer available because it was a special order (if that's what you're referring to). Anyway, thanks for your help. I found another avenue to communicate with her through eBay so hopefully she gets my message!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Message alert

@pack890 

I think that means the SUBJECT LINE is referring to an ended/deleted item that is no longer in the database/listings.....

In other words, she is using an OLDER message from you to reply to you......

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Message alert

That's what I thought at first but the message looks brand new. Subject line reads: ID# has sent a message.

It doesn't appear to be linked to any item at all. Maybe on her end the message was somehow linked to the messaging we shared back in March. Thanks to everyone for the quick responses!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Message alert

That particular sold transaction is old.  The ebay system knows it and thinks that you are trying to maybe sell her more of the same item or she is trying to buy more. See if you can contact her by clicking on her ebay name and then respond to the question. If she does want more of the same item, tell her that you need to write up an add quickly for her to purchase.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply