cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive drops in impressions/clicks after end of suspension

After being unsuspended after ~7 weeks I have been getting substantially less views. All the same products/titles and I even boosted the promoted listings to 6.2% from 4% I was using before. Is anyone else experiencing huge drop in views/impressions? 

ebay views.jfif

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Mine appear to be fairly consistent. 161FB2D9-51AC-441D-9655-DA7E1315CD37.jpeg

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Shhhh........be bery bery qwiet.  No one wants to hear about eBay's interference in how many actually see our listings.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Impressions are always going up and down. Don't worry about something that actually means nothing. Remember an impression is just someone who looked at a page. What you need to concentrate on is VIEWS. An impression could mean your items are 10x more costly than everyone else and no one would ever even look at your stuff.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Ok.   I'll never tell....lol.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

It looks like you've had a nice pickup the last couple weeks, see if it continues.  But, that negative you have is a big impediment to sales. You didn't have a good answer to it, that might have placated some potential buyers?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@isokernus wrote:

Is anyone else experiencing huge drop in views/impressions? 

Sellers come here every week to report a drop in view, impressions, and sales. That's been happening for years and years and years.

I have no idea whether a recent suspension plays a part in the Best Match algorithm, but I would be surprised if it did not.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

My actual page views have dropped significantly as well, averaged maybe 1 1/2 sales a day right before the suspension. Now I got one sale in the past 3 days! Not cool!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

To determine if the cause of low sales in your case, check to see your items on "best match" rankings. If you are in a saturated market, then having a suspension will "definitely" lower your ranking which does not help. Ebay keeps the "best" sellers and the sellers with the highest sell-through rate on top of best match.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

My items still show up near the top, my niche is definitely not over saturated. I didn't even do anything wrong it was MC011 restriction that was lifted because I gave the needed documentation.  Strange! I think it's just getting warmer, so people care less about their fireplaces. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply