cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of promotion ability

I'm misplaced a sold item and contacted the buyer and canceled the lot. I Eventually found it and contacted the buyer again and he purchased again. eBay has taken away my ability to promote auctions because of this. I don't understand.

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Because eBay really hates it when you make a buyer purchase something a second time just because you can't find it the first time.

Message 2 of 41
latest reply

@rgbsr65 

Being allowed to promote listings to pay eBay more in fees is a perk that taken away if a seller performance level is not maintained.

Cancelling a sale can cause you to get a seller "defect".

On your seller dashboard what is your seller level?

Below standard, above standard, or top rated ?

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

Below standard.  0.69% 5 of 720

Message 5 of 41
latest reply

and there is your answer. Below standard is not allowed to promote.

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

I was told that by eBay. But I don't not understand the system. Nothing promoted ever had a problem. My sales have dropped off considerably. And I will not list any item again until I can promote which is going to cost eBay money.

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

Apparently, the straw that broke the camel's back was a item. I sold and misplaced and could not ship. So I was honest with the customer and told him that. then canceled the auction. I found it at a later date and he bought it again.

Message 8 of 41
latest reply

Well......if you're not going to list anything until you can promote, you're never going to get out of Below Standard and you'll never be able to promote, so you'll never list any item again because you can't promote, and.....well, let's just say this plan is going to cost you money.

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

I guess i'm just not playing the game correctly. I should have lied to the customer instead of saying that I could not find the item before canceling and I should be refunding items that haven't been received yet before ebay does it and it is just slow USPS 

Message 10 of 41
latest reply

If you do not list and increase sales without defects to decrease that bad %age you will remain below standard.

If you do not improve eBay will impose more restrictions.

If you do not improve eBay may end your ability to sell in any form.

Message 11 of 41
latest reply

I don't plan to cancel the nearly 240 items. I already have listed. I've just not going to list an item that I know will self for more money if promoted.

Message 12 of 41
latest reply

Just keep going - look for other ways to advertise your wares, i.e., social media, etc., if you haven't already. Keep active on the platform and keep listing, and be VERY careful with your inventory - check everything before listing and use an SKU system if you need to. I know stuff happens, but you can't afford to cancel on any more buyers. You can dig yourself out of this with perseverance and consistency.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 41
latest reply

@rgbsr65 wrote:

I don't plan to cancel the nearly 240 items. I already have listed. I've just not going to list an item that I know will self for more money if promoted.

That's just cutting off your nose to spite your face. List it anyway, and at what you want for it. Most people don't even use promotions (I thought the adoption rate was about 15% last time I read, that may have changed).

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 41
latest reply

The punishment literally does not resolve any problem. it lowers the number of items i sell, When 99.6% of all my sales were not problematic. Thanks for responding 

Message 15 of 41
latest reply