cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for help on ITEM SPECIFICS MISSING

Got a message from ebay (on another ID) letting me know Item specifics are missing and how important they are to buyers  But nothing tells me which listings are defective - do I need to go through each and every listing to find out?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It depends on the category, but yes, you could have to do that.

I list a lot of VHS videos and recently some great brain at eBay decided to make some item specifics REQUIRED, or you could not list the item.

Suddenly, the language was a must, but "English" was not one of the choices, so it had to be typed in every time.

Even though, I had the "Actor" already listed, ebay added a field for "Leading Role"

I now needed to name the studio.

If you click on "suggestions", it will show what the must have, there is an "*"  next to the field.

There is just no ened to the "Make Work" eBay creates for sellers.

Demanding things that nobody cared about for decades.

The more eBay helps, the fewer sales I have.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Listings currently running can be left alone.

Listings you revise will need the new item specifics to be updated before you can click on Store Changes.

New listings you create will need the additional new item specifics to be entered.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I have messages from eBay that my listings are missing some recommended specifics.  Some of them are just plain stupid.   Since when are Themes or Characters needed for a pair of plain brown pumps. I only update if they are actually Required. I clicked the box that stated Don't show these to me again

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I forgot to mention that you have to do it for each one.  You can see which ones need it in the sellers hub.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

And it's so annoying that most item specifics aren't automatically pulled in from the catalog. If I list a CD from the catalog, all of the relevant item specifics should be pulled in - but they're not. I still have to type in the artist's name, name of the album, and more. It's a waste of time. I just don't bother. All most people need to find the item is in the title field. Another annoyance with item specifics: They're not in the same place physically on the page. It would help a lot if the item specifics I typically use would always be in the same place so I don't have to hunt for them.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply