cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for collectors

I have several beanie babies. From McDonald's to other rare ones. Looking to find someone who collects them and knows the real value. All are in excellent condition some still have tags, some in plastic

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Looking for collectors

For just a few you can use the Advance search to find comps for the past 90 days. Advanced Search | eBay

Otherwise, you will need to find someone outside of eBay to ask about prices. Doing price research is not what the community boards are for. 

You can also do an internet search. While some may suggest other sources to do price checks, not all are available to non-subscribers of some services or people who do not have stores. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Looking for collectors

These community boards are NOT here for selling your items. Selling is not allowed here.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Looking for collectors

As they have no current listings I doubt they're using the boards to sell their items.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Looking for collectors

They are asking for help pricing their items, not selling them on the boards. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Looking for collectors

The "real value" is whatever someone will pay for you for one of them. 

Do a search on Completed Listings for each one you think is valuable.  On the whole, as you know, it is hard to even give them away. 

Here is a general search on ones from McDonald's, which you can narrow down to the specific ones you have, and do note that only if the price is in green did the Beanie Baby  sell:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=beanie+baby+mcdonald%27s&_in_kw=4&LH_Complete=1

Here is the same general search, but showing only the sold ones:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=beanie+baby+mcdonald%27s&_in_kw=4&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

-

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Looking for collectors

You're supposed to be a "guild".
Act like one. 
I don't see the words "buy' or "selling" in her entire post. Brutal.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Looking for collectors

@lunabell724 

Since most "beanie babies" have little or no value (they were a mass-marketed commodity, after all), you might consider visiting local flea markets and/or antique stores in your area and seeking information from individuals at those venues who are actually attempting to sell those items.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Looking for collectors

On eBay you have to register as a seller, take pictures, write a listing and be prepared to ship them.  Try FB Marketplace if you don't want to do that kind of work.  I'm sure there are multiple BB groups.  

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Looking for collectors

@1786davycrockett wrote:

@lunabell724 

Since most "beanie babies" have little or no value (they were a mass-marketed commodity, after all), you might consider visiting local flea markets and/or antique stores in your area and seeking information from individuals at those venues who are actually attempting to sell those items.

Yep, they never were anything more than cheap little toys mass-produced in Asia, but Ty Warner (or, rather, Lina Trivedi, who worked for him) saw the marketing possibilities in growing personal computer ownership and the internet -- and a mania to rival that of the Dutch tulpenmanie was the result.

-

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Looking for collectors

Like many collectibles, the prices on beanies are truly depressing, as well as depressed.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Looking for collectors

Try the Beanie board, It's fairly active>

Beanie Baby Collector!

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Looking for collectors

McDonald's toys do have collector value.  You can search for such items on eBay  and get an idea of what they sell for. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Looking for collectors

hmmmmmmmmmmmm, do you know what you are typing? 

A GUILD ? 

And yes, I know what it says under my profile pic. The OP was suggesting that they wanted to SELL their collection to a collector.

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE GET OFF ME !!!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply