cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Look at all of the negative discussions started here about eBay!

I haven't been here for quite awhile until eBay decided I needed their special attention here lately. There was not half of this negative stuff on here just a few months ago. Isn't it interesting?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

You are now standing next to the equivalent of a retail store's Complaint Dept.

All you're gonna hear is complaints.

This is a problem-solving discussion board.

Almost all posts are from people asking help.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I think it reflects how well they are doing their jobs.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@7rattlesbushcraft wrote:

There was not half of this negative stuff on here just a few months ago. Isn't it interesting?

I have been here for many years, and I have alway found this board to be universally negative. And I don't mean that as a criticism. 

I find that sellers generally come here because they have a problem, and if things are going well they are too busy running their businesses and not coming here to spread sunshine. 

But I'm not telling you anything you don't know - you have started five negative threads on this board in the last 12 hours. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

How well who is doing their job?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

eBay in general! Maybe if their reps would quit lying and were better trained before being thrown to the wolves.   I had a rep call me the other day and proceeded to argue with me that a seller could not leave a neutral or negative feedback. I told him a seller could not he argued that they could. I think he quit his job before he got off the phone....

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Smart executives listen to what customers are saying, bad management teams do not, eBay can use the information posted here to improve or they can keep their heads in the sand and call it noise, most of the negativity was caused by the last CEO, but we have been waiting way too long to see leadership from the new CEO.

The definition of marketing first and foremost is meeting the needs of your customer base, many sellers think eBay has no understanding of this principal.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Seems you was rude to someone you have never met.
Of course every company needs to train their employees better.
But, arguing with the person, that wasn't trained properly. Really?
Complain to the company!

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

These types of discussion boards are for addressing issues related to Selling or Bidding & Buying or whichever forum you go into.  So yes.. problems are brought here, and complaints are aired.  For all the YEARS I've been an eBay member, the people with problems came for advice and to air their bitter complaints.  I have never noticed the discussions fluctuating much either with more or fewer complaining members.  It's where people come to pick the brains of folks who've Been There, Done That.. the amassed experience is impressive. 

And as to the "...negative discussions started here about eBay..."   LOL  What else is new?  Most who've dropped the ball and messed up their accounts and/or businesses here just quietly leave.  But some come here to rant and rave and vent.  It's all OK.  In fact, often enough the discussions on THOSE threads are very educational for the newbies and/or lurkers who read these boards, to it's beneficial in its own way. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Best of luck to you all, ebay is certainly unpredicatable for the most part.  Never know when your hard work is going to pay off!  Sometimes it doesn't, that's life.  Keep working.  Move to a different street!  Going to bed early here, wish we had some sales money left over to buy some more stuff, but we don't.  Maybe tomorrow!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

"eBay in general! Maybe if their reps would quit lying and were better trained before being thrown to the wolves. I had a rep call me the other day and proceeded to argue with me that a seller could not leave a neutral or negative feedback. I told him a seller could not he argued that they could. I think he quit his job before he got off the phone...."

You know, I'm gonna kick myself in a few minutes, line to form shortly for their whacks at the mega pinata, but..................

THE REP WAS RIGHT!!

Sure.  By strict letter of the policy gospel, sellers are not permitted to leave neut/neg feedback.  By the strict letter of the policy gospel, there are actions that the buyer who received such hideous commentary would need to take to have it removed, namely, report it.  By the strict letter of the policy gospel, sellers who choose to partake in such evil doings MAY face the wrath of........

The reality, it happens.  So, they can.

I think you owe the rep an apology.  And try to put a positive spin on it, please.

Alright, who's first up?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

So he is 100% wrong but I should apologize lol!

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Rep right.  You can.  You're wrong.  You should.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Beinf a rep on Ebay must be a pretty tough job. I can just hear the customer's screeching from what I imagine is a pretty unpleasant sound, especially if you have a headset on your head for 8 hours. God vless them all I love them.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

There are some posters who come to vent, some to get help with issues, understand policies. Some just to gripe. Everyone needs to let off a little steam or commiserate with fellow sellers our buyers. 

Advice is dispensed in the same way, some with honest helpful insight, some voicing negative aspects. I think most people coming here can get some great advice, some new ideas, help problem solving, a little laugh from time to time as well as some Camaraderie. 

Some do bellyache, but for the most part people are not coming here for a happy dance. This is where the problems reside and sometimes get solved

Message 15 of 15
latest reply