cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of Account and Negative feedback

I got locked out of my account because someone snatched my phone. I wasn't getting password reset emails and couldn't complete 2 step verification to access my account. It was a nightmare so after 3 months I got eBay on the phone for another reason. When I eventually got back into my account. I noticed unsent stuff and negative feedback.

It seems I also have no rights as I explained the situation to eBay CS and they won't remove any feedback and I got defects because items were sent late because I couldn't access my account. A buyer received her item and still won't  remove  her damming comment. 

They made me below standard and won't change their minds. I've been trying to talk to them but they don't seem to be taking into account that I was locked out of my account for 3 months. Before that I was above standard. Terrible treatment 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You need to understand where Ebay is coming from and how many stories they hear from members.  They have no way of knowing one way or the other if your story is correct.  Possibly if you came up with proof they may be more helpful.  A police report for your stolen phone.

You didn't have access to someone's laptop or even their phone to get into Ebay with?

This is only something that Ebay can help you with.  I've very sorry this happened to you and I sincerely hope you get it all worked out.  Good Luck.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

eBay keeps bugging me about 4 questions for recovering access to my account in case it is taken over by someone other than me.  You set up the questions & answers like you would any other info related to your account.  If your account is hacked, or your phone stolen, you can call eBay, provide the answers to the questions, and they will disable the account until you assign a new password.  This stops the bad actor from being able to steal your funds and/or ruin your reputation.

It also provides eBay with documentation to determine when the account was taken over and what transactions were part of that event.

As @mam98031 already mentioned, filing a police report for the stolen phone is also something eBay would more readily accept -- filing a false police report carries it's own corrective feature, so it's not something a scammer would use to take over your account.  Too much video taken when filing the report makes it too easy for the police to find them later.  Of course, that assumes a 'smart' scammer....

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for your advice. I tried to vemail eBay and tried to get a new two step verification via email. I wasn't receiving the reset codes . 

Also my home number changed so no two step verification twas going tomy phone 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@nelophar 

Did you try posting on your countries forum?:

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Discussion/ct-p/13

You may be better served there, as this is a US community discussion forum and what applies on eBay in one country may not apply in others. 

Good luck getting the help you need & your issue resolved. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@nelophar wrote:

Thanks for your advice. I tried to vemail eBay and tried to get a new two step verification via email. I wasn't receiving the reset codes . 

Also my home number changed so no two step verification twas going tomy phone 

If you aren't getting email notifications, then you need to verify that your Email Address is correct in your Site Preferences.  And while you are there, check under the communication setting to see if you have excluded receiving certain emails from Ebay.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 6
latest reply