cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings put in the back of the line

I've had my listings posted for over a month, with competitive prices and quality photos, but the sales are going to other sellers who have a higher prices. When I search for my item, it is put so far back that buyer would likely not see it. When I sort by lowest price, my listing still isn't brought to the front of the line, even though I have the lowest price, and most of the listings that are ahead of mine aren't sponsored. When I created the listing initially, I was selling them quickly and now it came to a complete stop, as if buyers are unable to find my listings. I appreciate any explanations for this anomaly.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

You have items listed in many categories and only 16 listed in total.

On the topic of price, lowest does not interest me as a buyer, I decide what something is worth to me and will pay a little extra for timely delivery/experienced seller over new seller etc.

Retail is a waiting game, and even more so online, so list more if you can and maybe a better background for the photos you have. Good luck

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Where did you get your prices?

16 oz of Paste Wax for $65 ??

If I had to pay that, I would never wax my car again ... wait ... I never have.

Never mind.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Welcome to eBay 2023.   There's very little you can do about the issues you describe.  
All you can do is "wait your turn" for your items to be on a page that will be easily seen when searched.  And hopefully, when it is your turn, your items are priced/listing in such a manner that they will be purchased.
  In the meantime, list more stuff.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Go check out everyone else's listings for the same item

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

There are sellers that have less experience than I and with higher prices. I even saw my listings get no views for a whole month. When I first listed the items, there were a lot of views and then the view count abruptly stopped. Something is going on with the algorithm. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Be careful selling that wax. It was discontinued in 2021. It doesn’t remain viable forever. You might think you’ve made a sale, only to later learn the product inside is no longer good. This stuff used to retail for about $8. 

Your items are definitely going to be slow movers. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Thanks, I will do that. I don't understand why the views and sales were taking off at the start and then dropped off of a cliff? Is it all about the algorithm and creating a fair and equal seller marketplace?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@domesticdistributors wrote:

When I sort by lowest price, my listing still isn't brought to the front of the line, even though I have the lowest price, and most of the listings that are ahead of mine aren't sponsored.

Can you gives us a specific example of this 'lowest price' search specifying the search criteria you used and and the item number(s) you feel are not sorted properly?

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I have a vintage can of the stuff and it is still as good as the day I bought it

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I think I know why my listings are put in the back of the line. My listings are listed under, "Results Matching Fewer Words". Does that mean that I should add more details?

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

My listing are listed under "Results matching fewer words". Does that mean I have to add more item specifics?

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@domesticdistributors wrote:

My listing are listed under "Results matching fewer words". Does that mean I have to add more item specifics?

I don't know how you are getting that result or are aware of that result.

That is a result of the specific search you are doing and usually your product name will provide the match if it reflects what buyers are looking for,

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I am getting that result when I search for my own item. I am using a pre-made template when I chose "Sell one similar" for the listing.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply