cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings on regional eBay sites not visible in eBay.com in that region

Hi, 

I noticed that if I make a listing on a regional site like for example Ebay.it, it is visible for Italy-based people that search on Ebay.it, but not for Italy-based people that search on Ebay.com.  (on the other hand, it is visible for non-Italy based customers  - if the international shipment options allow that - that search on Ebay.com, they will find the listing on Ebay.com though it is an Ebay.it listing)

How to solve this? It is not allowed to put the listing on both Ebay.com and Ebay.it and make it available to Italy in both cases. Because as I understood, it is not allowed to sell to a particular country from >1 site. But now the Italians that look on Ebay.com will completely miss the listing.

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You are in the Netherlands and not sure if this is a posting ID or how your listings are setup but even when I view your listings as a Netherlands buyer I see no listings. What eBay domain are you listing on? Can you provide a link to one of your listings? 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@zegrek wrote:

Hi, 

I noticed that if I make a listing on a regional site like for example Ebay.it, it is visible for Italy-based people that search on Ebay.it, but not for Italy-based people that search on Ebay.com.  (on the other hand, it is visible for non-Italy based customers  - if the international shipment options allow that - that search on Ebay.com, they will find the listing on Ebay.com though it is an Ebay.it listing)

How to solve this? It is not allowed to put the listing on both Ebay.com and Ebay.it and make it available to Italy in both cases. Because as I understood, it is not allowed to sell to a particular country from >1 site. But now the Italians that look on Ebay.com will completely miss the listing.

Thanks for the help!

There are a number of reasons why a given person cannot see a eBay given listing.

You will need to provide us with a link to an item that exhibits this issue.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Hi,

thanks for your reaction. I put one above in the post.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@zegrek wrote:

thanks for your reaction. I put one above in the post.

The item you gave an example does not ship to the USA, so I do not think it will be shown to users on the USA site.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

That's correct, I'm not selling to USA (expensive shipment, I only sell within Europe). But I'd like it to be visible for Italian customers that search for this item on ebay.com, not on ebay.it. Now it only shows to Italian residents that search on ebay.it, where it is listed.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I see the following exclusions: "Belgium, Belarus, Russian Federation, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine", so Italy should be okay, but you may have to pay an additional fee to list on eBay.com in addition to eBay.it, not completely certain (I know we usually would to list on multiple country-specific domains, it may be different there or specifically to also list on eBay.com).  Do you know how common it is for Italian eBay users to search on eBay.com?  I would think they'd mostly use eBay.it, but I could be wrong.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

That's correct, I'm not selling to USA (expensive shipment, I only sell within Europe). But I'd like it to be visible for Italian customers that search for this item on ebay.com, not on ebay.it. Now it only shows to Italian residents that search on ebay.it, where it is listed.

Your logic is flawed a bit. Why would you care what the shipping cost is if the buyer is willing to pay it? Even if potential Italian based customers searched for the item on eBay .com, which is highly unlikely, based on shipping costs there probably would not be much interest.

If any US based Italian customers were able to see the listing on eBay.com they would see the following in the shipping section (from the example you provided) so what benefit would it be if they could see the item? Why don't you simply open up your shipping to include the US and those other European countries you wish to sell to and use calculated shipping for the international sales. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1715728506539.png

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I think you're right that they rather use ebay.it. That's why I prefer ebay.it, most of my customers are from Italy. Unfortunately, it's forbidden to sell to one country from two ebay-sites. So an extra listing on ebay.com for Italy wouldn't be an option.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

If an item does not ship to the US it is rarely and/or never seen on the .com site.

If you opened up the shipping to the US on your current listing, it might show up on the .com site but even that isn't guaranteed. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply