cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings Removed

I had listings removed, which is a defect.  I later learn that it was a product that can not be sold to certain countries and that it is the sellers responsibility to perform research to determine what countries it can be sold to. How would anyone possibly know about this policy change.  After 20 years of partnership with eBay this is how we are treated?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Listings Removed

Shipping requirements is a big reason that sellers chose not to ship to other countries. 

Sellers are responsible to know what can and cant be shipped to other countries. 

If a seller ships something and it gets stopped at customs the seller loses the item and the $.

I have never heard that eBay pulls listings because it cant ship to some countries. 

If this was the case there would be nothing listed here.

Was this in the message from eBay that since it cant ship outside the US you cant sell it on the US site?

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Listings Removed

Offering to sell medical devices internationally means having to know which devices are approved in which countries.

If you are selling used devices, it is probably best not to offer them for International Sales.

However the Ebay enforcement may have changed, the policy has always been you cannot sell anything which is illegal to sell to the customer who buys it.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Listings Removed

@medproequip wrote:

I had listings removed, which is a defect. 

On the very rare occasion I have had listings removed and I don't recall that led to a defect, but I don't check those specifics often.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Listings Removed

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

Offering to sell medical devices internationally means having to know which devices are approved in which countries.  If you are selling used devices, it is probably best not to offer them for International Sales.

I wonder if the OP had a license to be allowed to sell medical devices ? If they do not I think Ebay will eventually remove ALL the listings, not just ones going outside the country.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Listings Removed

@m60driver wrote:

@medproequip wrote:

On the very rare occasion I have had listings removed and I don't recall that led to a defect, but I don't check those specifics often.

It shows up under "policy violation".

When eBay removed my Oman banknotes because Oman sounds like Iran, and Iran is banned... I found it under policy violation and got eBay FB to remove it (because the numpty on the phone was arguing with me that since Iran is banned, Oman might be too, so they had to remove it and give me a policy violation). I didn't relist any Oman things because the next step would be a suspension, which is a big punishment with my sales volume.

C.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Listings Removed

What kind of defect is that? How does it affect your account?

After 20 years of partnership with eBay this is how we are treated?

I checked the user agreement. It does not seem to indicate that being here 20 years allows a seller to violate policy without consequences.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Listings Removed

@medproequip 

I think several of your items require prescriptions and if so, they aren't allowed. 

Please post a copy of the message you received from ebay, redacting any personal info.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Listings Removed

Hi @medproequip 

Defects are given for these reasons: shipping late, cases closed without seller resolution, and seller-initiated transaction cancellations. A defect is normally not given for a listing removal. See link below:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy?id=4347#defects

There has not been a change in eBay policy about shipping medical devices overseas. If a change has occurred, it has been at the behest of the countries involved or with their Customs regulations. In those arenas, eBay has no authority. 

Can you publish the message you received regarding these matters? What written explanation did eBay send to you? If the explanation came thru a phone conversation with customer service, take it with a grain of salt. Some of the overseas contract csr’s will tell a seller virtually anything to get them off the line. I would only trust the info given by customer service on eBay’s Facebook for Business page or at their Twitter (now X).

If the listings removed were for used medical devices, a more likely reason for removal would be the lack of the disclaimer that eBay requires be stated regarding the proper cleaning of the goods. This applies to used or pre-owned only, see the policy link below: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/medicine-medical-devices-healthcare-p...

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Listings Removed

@klhmdg wrote:

If a seller ships something and it gets stopped at customs the seller loses the item and the $.

I always got to keep my money when that happens. Is this something new?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Listings Removed

If you offer a product internationally, it must comply with the import rules of all countries, the biggest culprit is the "EU", they have their "protection" policy on many items.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply