cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing w/ part numbers being flagged as "contact info" Whaaat?

Has anyone else encountered this?  Our Business Industrial listings with the part number in the title line are being flagged by eBay as having "contact info or link to outside web-site".   That's just crazy.   How do you sell a part without listing the part number?   And believe me - eBay Customer Service is absolutely no help in this.  I've been told on two separate occasions - just don't put the part number in there.  Whaaat??????

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Most likely resembles a phone number. Put the part number in a string of text like PartNo159041500 (this was taken from one of your listings although yours said R159041500). If I search the number only, the listing does come up.

test.PNG

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Appreciate your time and suggestion.   But here's an example of a part number that was flagged as a contact number  - SICK MZT6-03VPS-KR0 1023972   

In what universe is that a phone number or a link to another website?    

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Are you putting the part number in the description too? Try putting it in the title and item specifics only and see if it still gets flagged.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wedoit2 wrote:

Appreciate your time and suggestion.   But here's an example of a part number that was flagged as a contact number  - SICK MZT6-03VPS-KR0 1023972   

You know, I have been re-watching the TV Series "FRINGE" just recently. It may fit there. 😁

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@wedoit2 wrote:

The problem is probably nothing at all to do with phone numbers.

I did a partial scan of your listings and found a few with Active Content (probably from a cut and paste from an outside site that you pasted into the description)

The part number you posted is in listing 384062965766, this listing has a non-visible link to an outside site and also has a bad target.

href="https://www.motionindustries.com/products/sku/06905260"

You should run the Active Content scanner available here:

https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/

I found 5 listings with this issue but I stopped the scan part way through because with your 4000+ listings it takes a long time to complete.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply