cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing not accepting UPC

I have a listing with multiple variations under it in my drafts at the moment. All the UPCs, name, skus that are being inputed are coming directly from the manufacture's list. When I save the draft to view later I noticed that several of the variations that had UPCs would disappear. I tried re-entering the UPCs again and the same batch would have their UPC wiped out after saving or attempting to list. Do any of you have this problem? Is there a solution to this?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Its possible the UPC might be missing a standardized number.
Try this site, to correct the problem.
https://www.gs1.org/services/check-digit-calculator
Input the UPC, and it will calculate the correct number that might be missing.

OR try putting a 0 in front of your UPC, and/or 0 at end of UPC.

However, no guarantees. Also could be UPC is outdated or not recognized by eBay system.

Hope that helps?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll try it out to see if it works out!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

When you enter the UPC, watch what happens to your title and store categories. When the UPC is accepted, the title reverts back to your original title and when you click near the title, the upgrade for bolt listing box gets check marked automatically and you'll be billed for $4.00 upgrade fee. This glitch may affect anyone who is using "sell similar" and entering new UPCs to the "similar" item listing. Costly glitch! Cost me almost $200 in fees and Ebay is refusing to refund for this glitch. Sellers, please be aware of this and watch those fees when listing.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@steel-city-stitches2007 wrote:

When you enter the UPC, watch what happens to your title and store categories. When the UPC is accepted, the title reverts back to your original title and when you click near the title, the upgrade for bolt listing box gets check marked automatically and you'll be billed for $4.00 upgrade fee. This glitch may affect anyone who is using "sell similar" and entering new UPCs to the "similar" item listing. Costly glitch! Cost me almost $200 in fees and Ebay is refusing to refund for this glitch. Sellers, please be aware of this and watch those fees when listing.

I have been trying to figure out why my fees were so high. Does it show anywhere before you list the extra fees? 

Sounds like I am going to stop putting in the upc.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I have almost $200 in fees that Ebay is not refunding. Be careful when you enter the UPC as this will wipe out any new title that you entered before changing the UPC......if you click up on the title entry box, it will populate the "$4 upgrade for bold listing" box automatically and you'll be billed the $4.00 PER LISTING that you "sell similar" when listing multiple items at one time using the listing as a "sell similar". You'll be out $$$$$$$$ in fees!!!

I brought this to the attention of customer service as well as tech support and they replied that they were unable to get this to happen when they tried it....therefore, no refund of the nearly $200 in fees that I was charged!!!

How did I notice this????  When viewing my Ebay store, looking for an item that I had listed, I noticed some of my titles for items were in BOLD print. I started investigating this and initially couldn't figure out why. I opened one of the items and "revised" and that's when I saw the X in the box for the upgrade. I did not put it there......but how did it get there??  After clearing this off nearly 50 listings that were recently listed, I further explored the issue. When choosing one of the items to "sell similar" from, I noticed that when listing the new item, I entered the title and changed my store category....then put in the UPC. Well, the UPC number took a moment to "save" and then I noticed that it reverted my title back to the prior item that I was attempting to "sell similar" from. When I clicked up to reenter the correct title, the X populated in the box as soon as I clicked just on the title box at the bottom. Hmmmm.....interesting......and then the $4.00 upgrade was on the listing even though I did not go anywhere near the box to enter the X to choose the upgrade. It chose it for me!!!! Seeing as how I used "sell similar" to list the following 48 to 50 additional items, the sneaky fee was charged on every single "sell similar" listing. I was billed closed to $200 in fees and not refunded for this issue by Ebay. Not really fair! So, I've posted this hoping that others may benefit from what I discovered. WATCH OUT FOR THIS....Please!!!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/selling-db.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply