cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listed as Handmade but really Mass produced poor quality

This is listed as Handmade... Handmade Lovely Casual Clothes for 14 inch American Girl Wellie Wishers Doll.

It is Mass produced NOT Handmade! This hurts us that actually do handmake our items. Ebay is so good at telling us we have listed in the wrong catagories, even suspend us. WHY don't they have a 'Commercially made' for things that are mass produced out of China? Saying they are handmade is wrong! It hurts those of us that are truly handmade. My sales have gone flat and this is why! We making homemade can't compete with them. Our quality is better, because we handmake it takes us longer and we are usually one person or 2 with 1-2 sewing machines in our homes not in a factory!  Ebay needs to get this right! Give them a special classification so us small truly made sellers have a chance. My sales have been gone for 6 months. My prices are compatible with other sellers, my quality is top notch.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Since I see no hand stitching on the item I totally agree with you

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Nice stuff you carry. You made that all yourself? COOL!
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Been happening on Etsy for a long time, even more  so since they started condoning "factory" handmade. I pulled all my handmade (candles and soaps) there back in 2012 it was so bad.  It's not surprising that it happens here, too.

Sometimes you can't win for losing. Smiley Sad

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you! How do we get Ebay to change their categories so we have a fighting chance?
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yes and have been doing doll outfits since 1974, 2002 on here. Thank you!
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

If we get suspended for listing incorrectly than Ebay needs to suspend them and give them their own categories that can not specify or use the word Handmade. It should say Assembly line!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

That is all well and good until someone decides to register Handmade as a trademark for doll clothes (whether they are made by hand or not).  That would certainly muddy the waters even more (at least as far as using Handmade as a keyword in the title)  🙂

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 8 of 8
latest reply