cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got an offer from a country I don't ship to

I just got an offer from an account based in a country I don't ship to.

How is that possible?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@rockystradingpost wrote:

How is that possible?

Thanks.

The buyer may be using a US-based reshipper so that you would only have to ship to a US address. Your delivery obligation is complete as soon as tracking shows delivery to that address. Any future returns would have to come back to you from that address - not the home country of the buyer.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Where is the ship-to address? Edit: Don't post the actual address here, just check it.  It's probably a freight forwarder based in the US (or whatever country you're in).  That's allowed, and almost encouraged by eBay, and you shouldn't worry about it if so.  Just process it like any other order.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@rockystradingpost wrote:

How is that possible?

Thanks.

The buyer may be using a US-based reshipper so that you would only have to ship to a US address. Your delivery obligation is complete as soon as tracking shows delivery to that address. Any future returns would have to come back to you from that address - not the home country of the buyer.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Most of the Money Back Guarantee is negated by shipping to a freight forwarder.

And since the forwarder generally also takes care of import fees for the overseas buyer, you are also protected from the "customs delay" fraud.

Forwarders are the second most secure addresses you can ship to. Almost as secure as a postal box and more secure than a suburban porch.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply