cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a quick question about quantity

I know eBay powers of no thinking are messing with our choice on immediate payment.

BUT is there also some kind of glitch or new policy regarding the buyer's choice to purchase a quantity of more that one? Or putting items in the cart and purchasing from there?

Example. Listing for four dinner plates. Quantity available three. Combined shipping figured if purchasing more than a quantity of one if paid with ONE PAYMENT. Two separate purchases made.

Is this a problem that the individual buyer has or is it something that is messed up. There is NO refund by eBay once the buyer pays the shipping on two purchases that (I think) should have been easy to purchase a quantity  with one payment.

I am thinking it is a buyer problem since some do just dandy on multiple purchases and some don't, but I don't want to be judgmental. I also do not want to be on the hook for providing the same tracking number for two separate purchases in order to ship together and give some postage charge back.

So. What do you do?

Radine

I

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can combine two purchases either in ebay shipping or paypal multi-order shipping. This will give both purchases the same tracking number and you will be covered for INR, even if the buyer didn't purchase together. 

You can then refund the shipping difference if you so choose. I would subtrack the ebay fees you were charged on that full amount of shipping. 

Not knowing what happened on the customer's end perhaps they purchased one and then decided to purchase another? Hard to say if there was a problem unless the buyer tells you there was. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@pargran3 wrote:

BUT is there also some kind of glitch or new policy regarding the buyer's choice to purchase a quantity of more that one? Or putting items in the cart and purchasing from there?

Example. Listing for four dinner plates. Quantity available three. Combined shipping figured if purchasing more than a quantity of one if paid with ONE PAYMENT. Two separate purchases made.

Is this a problem that the individual buyer has or is it something that is messed up.

From the same multiple quantity listing? That's a buyer problem.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

yes, from the same listing.

So, what would you do. Send two separate packages? 

Yeah, I have been here awhile. 

But it seems to me that carp like this is coming up more and more often and I am wondering why,.

Radine

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If I understand you right they have made separate purchases for the same thing so combined shipping was NOT calculated and therefore they paid extra for shipping?  If that's the case, happens all the time to one of my accounts.  The shopping cart is very simple but for who-knows-why people just don't get it.  No biggie.  I would simply package things the safest/most economical way (within the shipping method they chose), label and ship it.  Then figure what they would have paid if the combined shipping was calculated and refund the difference.  Just make sure you DON'T do that refund (adjustment) until AFTER the label has printed (refunding before the label triggers a ding at any amount but AFTERWARD is fair game for such adjustments).  I have to do this numerous times through the week.  Thankfully there are a lot bigger issues for sellers than this and this is easy to fix.  Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You can combine two purchases either in ebay shipping or paypal multi-order shipping. This will give both purchases the same tracking number and you will be covered for INR, even if the buyer didn't purchase together. 

You can then refund the shipping difference if you so choose. I would subtrack the ebay fees you were charged on that full amount of shipping. 

Not knowing what happened on the customer's end perhaps they purchased one and then decided to purchase another? Hard to say if there was a problem unless the buyer tells you there was. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply