cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a few questions please

Hello,

I was thinking about selling on ebay again my account is on Ebay.comI'm located in Japan so 95% of my sales would be international. Which leads me to some questions;

If I offer free domestic returns is this for Japanese buyers only or would this be for US buyers?

Also if I only offer "30 day returns buyer pays returns on international sales" would I ever be eligible for the !0% discount if I achieve "Top Rated Seller" status?

The way I read it and correct me if I'm wrong but only Top Rated Plus sellers get the 10% discount and a Top Rated seller doesn't get the 10% correct?

The items I wish to sell would be Antiques, Collectibles, Pottery and Glass so shipping would be costly from time to time.

I have also noticed when you open a return case these options are available please refer to the attached screen shot. 

If a return was opened under those particular reasons that I have pointed out, would the buyer have to pay the return shipping or would the seller if you offered free returns.

Thanks for your help.Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 15.44.14.png

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If I offer free domestic returns is this for Japanese buyers only or would this be for US buyers?

Free domestic returns would be for Japanese buyers only.

Also if I only offer "30 day returns buyer pays returns on international sales" would I ever be eligible for the !0% discount if I achieve "Top Rated Seller" status?

No, you would not.  Top Rated Seller Plus is required for the 10% discount and that is only possible when you offer 30 day FREE returns.  In addition, I believe TRS is only available to sellers in the US - not sure of that. 

If a return was opened under those particular reasons that I have pointed out, would the buyer have to pay the return shipping or would the seller if you offered free returns.

If you offer free returns, it doesn't matter why the buyer is returning the item, the seller pays for the return. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Free domestic returns would be for Japanese buyers only.

No, you would not.  Top Rated Seller Plus is required for the 10% discount and that is only possible when you offer 30 day FREE returns.  In addition, I believe TRS is only available to sellers in the US - not sure of that. 

If you offer free returns, it doesn't matter why the buyer is returning the item, the seller pays for the return. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply