cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a cool story, not Ebay related

So, I belong to several Facebook groups in which we trade and sell comics.  A friend who used to own a comic shop asked me to keep an eye out when I go hunting (comics) for the old EC horror comic reprints.  Said his friend was looking for them, but can't afford to pay much.

I happen to have one.  It's not worth anything, and the only reason I have it is because I dig the old horror comics.  All that pulp is awesome.  🙂

Turns out the guy needs the books for an exhibit for the Mobile, Alabama History Museum.  He's putting together an exhibit on censorship.  

So, my buddy put me in touch with the gent, and I offered the book if he'd pay shipping and get me pics of the exhibit when it was finished, to which he replied "I'll happily pay the shipping, however cameras aren't allowed in the museum.  But, I happen to know a guy..."  😄

So, a book that I've owned for a while will be featured in a museum exhibit.  I think that's pretty cool, and thought I'd share.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@wolf*song

That IS pretty cool, no doubt about it!

What is an EC horror reprint?  Did you mean to say DC or am I just unaware?

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks!

Here's a Wiki page with a lot of info on EC (Entertaining Comics).  It also highlights why there should be an exhibit on these comics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EC_Comics

Message 3 of 3
latest reply