cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items stuck in drafts, clicking “list item” doesn’t work. Newbie here

mariagza0
Rising Star

Hi I’ve just listed my first ever four items. The first two went on smoothly with a fixed price (although one of them received a bid even if it wasn’t set as an auction...how is that?). The second two I set up as auctions, but even after I click on “list item” they stay in the drafts and don’t appear in my active selling items. I’ve checked that everything is filled out several times already.
How can I solve this problem?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Not sure what you are seeing on your listing page.  Does it have a red banner at the top of the listing that is telling  you what is wrong? 
You don't accept returns and that may or may not be a problem.  eBay will give someone a refund even if you don't accept returns depending on the reason from the buyer. 
Always price your items so if you have a return or problem you are not out a lot of money.  There are risks in selling.   I recommend that you don't  list anything high priced until you get more experience in selling.   There are scammers out there and they can tell when you are new to selling. 

Change the channel!
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The 2 you have listed are both auctions. The 2nd one without a bid shows that it has best offer on it. 

So you actually did set these up as auction and not fixed price.

As far as the other 2 that you can't list, what messages are you getting?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Several things could be causing your issue but as readers of message boards we are only speculating. 

As a newer seller you may have restrictions on how much you can list.  How could we know?  Contact ebay.

If you get a bid on what you think is listed as fixed price, then it isn't a fixed price listing, is it?  Filling out listing templates isn't as easy as one might think.   Triple check every aspect of what you select as you create listings.   I made numerous errors in the first six months as a seller.  Most were inconsequential and did not cost me money.  Some became expensive learning mistakes.

This may not apply to you but it is worth noting.  You need to be alert and not just using a phone app on the fly. Using a computer gives a much better ebay experience.  The ebay software will change things as you create a listing.  This years debacle is that when you use an existing listing as a template ebay checks the "sell internationally" box for us.  Be sure to uncheck the box as you scroll through the template if you create listings by clicking on "sell similar".

Good luck to you.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I would suggest that anybody who is just starting out selling that they use their computer to get stated. It will simplify the process provide greater detail and help you avoid any errors.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

mariagza0
Rising Star

I still don't know what the problem was, but I was able to fix it. 

I was listing from the mobile app, so I switched to computer, entered into the drafts, clicked the same exact button ("list this item") and it worked. 

Hope it can help someone.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

This happened to me, too. I found that I had to go to a desktop/laptop and fill in some required pieces of information. Somehow the app wasn't catching the missing info like it usually does.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem,  my item for a painting  stays in draft and I  can't get it to be listed.  3rd day already. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply