cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item

Anonymous
Not applicable

I sold an thermos to a buyer and now the buyer is saying that the thermos glass inside is broken but the thermos couldnt have broken in the delivery since it was packed with impact foam and it was firm. The buyer even lied in the conversation that there was broken glass in the box??? Which is a lie since the thermos is closed with 2 lids. The first lid is a twist sealed and another is on top of that as lid cup. Ebay still were on the buyers side and now I need to pay back and more??? What happens if I dont pay since this werent settled on the right hand. I live in EU and we have really diffrenct laws on dispute.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Item

Just refund this buyer without requiring a return, this will be the outcome anyway but without getting a defect.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Item

I would accept the return send a return label for the buyer to ship back. Once you receive the thermos then decide how or what to do. Ebay will almost certainly refund the buyer. Whether eBay covers you or not will depend on what evidence you have that it did not break.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Item

As a seller you are responsible for getting the item to the buyer as described in the listing.

You don’t know what the item was put through in transit to the buyer.  
If the buyer had opened a return, accept the return issue a return label if you want the item back, or you can just refund the buyer in full allowing them to keep the item without having to return it. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply