cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Views

I currently have a little over 60,000 items for sale on ebay.  Last month according to my traffic report I had a little over 6 million impressions, 5551 views and I sold 338 items.  My sales each month have declined and it seems that the more I list the worse it gets.  I always thought that the more you list, the more you sell but in my case that just doesn't seem to be the case.  I realize that I sell in a very competitive category but it just seems like I should be doing better than I have been over the past few months.  I refresh my listings regularly, end my promoted listings and restart them, and I end my listings and relist them with sell similar.  I also combine shipping, and offer discounts if buyers purchase multiple items.  From everything I have read, these are the things you are suppose to do to improve sales.  The only thing I do different is I ship using economy shipping without tracking due to the fact that I sell lower dollar items and I think it works out better for my buyers.  Due to my shipping I am not a top rated seller but when I look at my listings they mostly seem to be on the first page so I don't think it hurts me much not being a top rater seller.   I was just wondering if anyone was having these kinds of issues and if so did you do anything to improve your sales other than what I am doing.  If anyone wants to provide any insight it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Item Views

Geez, I don't have much to add except you have a very impressive record and with over 60k items listed...wow how in the world do you keep track of it all?? Can you share some inventory secrets?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Item Views

I use stock number for everything that I sell.  I keep my trading cards in boxes and they are all categorized so it is very simple to find what sells.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Item Views

Try a 15% off sale every Friday through to Monday. Run multi buy: Buy 3 at $50 get $10 off. You could probably save time and batch a lot of the really cheap ones. Your not getting bids on the low start auctions on singles so offer 10 at a time. You don't have anything of real high value. Are you making money or losing money on the cheap auctions? I would start thinking about adding in two faster moving categories. I don't ship with tracking on my cheap ones either and still maintain top rated. Otherwise your store looks fine but being highly competitive is affecting your sales. So yeh time to think on other niche areas you can add to your store.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply