cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's bad enough not getting any free insertion promos for months but now they are mocking me....

Logged on to check sales, ended listings and generally check my account... and lo and behold I got a Promo for free listing insertions! Now I have everything down to a science, when I schedule items and how many each day, rotating items, to keep sales steady (as steady as they can be) and I am SO happy. I start listing like crazy... after about 10 I go look to see which promo (monthly or special) they are taking them from and..... the promo is gone!?! <Insert Wah wah wah sound effect> all came from my monthly totals  I think someone somewhere is laughing their rear off.... lol Screws my schedule up for this month. Luckily I checked after only a few (10).  Had something similar happen a few years back, others noticed it also, and we speculated if may be an upcoming promo.... but it never did... don't remember the exact details of the promo, but they weren't normal, how does a promo show up that has never been used and then just disappear... where did that come from. The one tonight seemed normal auction or fixed priced listings.

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

It's bad enough not getting any free insertion promos for months but now they are mocking me....

That's unfortunate, ebby. The promo has just vanished completely from the promotional offers area? Do you have an e-mail for the promo that you can click through for details and to make sure it was activated? What happens when you go to the promo area of your selling page and click on the history tab - do you see it there?

Additional thought: Can you look in your browser history for the page where you activated the promo to try and pull it up?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

From what other posters have talked about here is the promo starts "after" you use your monthly  50 free listings. After that is when you start using the 100 "additional" listings.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

From what other posters have talked about here is the promo starts "after" you use your monthly  50 free listings. After that is when you start using the 100 "additional" listings.

That was my initial thought, but OP said the promo just vanished. I think it means they can't see it at all on their selling page?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Ebay has acknowledged that there was the problem with the promo you mentioned.    I guess if you had not activated the promo before you started listing like crazy - it may have disappeared.   

I activated the promo before starting to list, and it is still on my promotion list.    In my ebay messages there was a message that explained ebay made a mistake, and after using up my 50 monthly listings and the 100 extra listings by May 8 - they would credit me the listing fee  for any additional listings up to 50 created during the remainder of May.  

Had it not been for Ina Steiner's auctionbytes report on this, I might have missed it as I don't often check my ebay messages since most of them also are relayed via email.    No email  received on this.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I actually had one of those also on another ID last month.

I KNOW that ID got the promo as I specifically marked it on my calendar, but when I went to use it the last day of the promo it had vanished, and I'd even activated it.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

My guess........

Site overload and near crash after that single pair of zapatos promo!!!

Now this is mocking!!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
I actually had one of those also on another ID last month.

I KNOW that ID got the promo as I specifically marked it on my calendar, but when I went to use it the last day of the promo it had vanished, and I'd even activated it.

With Ebay you gotta be quick. Promos appear late and vanish early. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

It does appear to be 'use it or lose it' these days LOL

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

That sucks! Hope this doesn't happen to me, I accept every free listing promo offered to me and don't want any to just go 'poof'!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply